Search

X6 XFactory in 07

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 09:28 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GroffBall
I'm actually going to the airport to pick him up with my parents and my wife so I'd need to get back to Mount Joy by 6:30 right now so thats just not worth it. As much as I wanna run this car, I wanna see my little bro too. He is only here for two weeks and right now its up in the air when or if he is getting sent to Iraq. I might try and get him to tag along on the 30th and let him run my 4wd. My brother and I havn't always gotten along so I'm trying really hard to shove an olive branch down this throat
Got yeah. All you can do is try to lead him to water but you can't make him drink. Hope is works for you and everything gets straightened out.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Chazz and Paul, see you guys again in a few weeks in Ohio. BTW thanks for the xx4 rear shock tower last year I woulda been sol! I heard a rumor Brian`s gonna be there, any confirmation on this?
Old 12-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

All four of us will be at CRCRC. Brian, Paul, Alex, and me.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My 4 gear car all together. Just blasted it around the parking lot here at work a bit. everything works well. Can't wait to race it. Only problem I had with it was the motor mount brace didn't line up with the holes in the chassis, and I had to dremel the chassis to get to the motor screws. I Did spend a good hour working with my dremel though, but I got my lipo to sit the entire way down on the chassis, and got the battery strap to my liking.
You mind posting a picture of how you dremeled your chassis to fit the lipo all the way down?
Old 12-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
What does the X-6 do better than the kyosho? No one at my track has the X-6 .
Mike I will have my X6 at LIR on Friday.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I don't have the car with me to snap a pic. I dremeled the ridges in the chassis down to around 3mm and cut the ridges off the battery strap. It sits down on the chassis but not into the slots. I used a tamiya body mount and put that right behind the esc to hold the front of the strap down. I'm really happy with the battery strap setup I have now. I'll try and bring the car with me to work tommrow to snap some more pics.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks. I am really interested in the body post and how you mounted it. I want to do the same so I can mount my electronics exactly as you did.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

I'll grab some pics of the battery strap setup tommrow.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

I took pics but they all came out blurry

All I did was take a body mount post I had from some tamiya kit and I drilled a hole right in front of the battery box, counter sunk the hole and then drilled the hole in the battery strap. I just had to completely grind down the ridge in the front battery box.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Initiate

I did the "ESC in the middle thing" too. I used B44 mounts and straps instead of using the stock strap. I like how much room this gives you in the chassis.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thats pretty cool Voodoo
Old 12-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

I was considering making some carbon fiber straps and using the B44 hardware like you did as well, but I got lazy and just used the original strap.

You should consider doing your battery connector like I have mine instead of running two seperate connectors on your battery.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Initiate

You should consider doing your battery connector like I have mine instead of running two seperate connectors on your battery.

I had just the bullet connectors on my B4 for a while but it's just more convenient having the deans on there for a few reasons: number 1, I don't have to look at the polarity when connecting the charger and more importantly, I don't have to look for the polarity when if I'm rushing to get to the driver's stand (which always happens to me because I'm always all over the place being a "social butterfly"). The 3rd reason is I have airsoft guns that use deans plugs that I charge on the same ICE charger. So it's just easier all around for me to have deans plugs on my batteries.

I actually looked at doing your setup with the original strap but the GTB was a tight squeeze with the center mount.

Now that I know my setup works I may get the carbonfiber BJ4/B44 straps. Gotta match my rear shock tower, my bicycle, and my wedding band... I love carbon fiber!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

When I was thinking about doing what you did I was going to make carbon straps and run them staight accross. If you have an old chassis or something laying around I would consider that b/c I think those Jconcepts straps are kinda expensive anyway. I do like your setup I might end up doing it that way in the end. I have an old JRXS chassis laying around I can cut up. I see what you mean with the GTB.

Just out of curiousity do you have any cooling issues with your GTB now that you run lipo? Since Lipos don't create heat I was thinking that may be why I don't have any cooling issues in any of my cars and the people I race with that have GTBs always thermal, but they are running NIMH too. This might be another benefit of lipo batteries
Old 12-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Tech Initiate

When I was thinking about doing what you did I was going to make carbon straps and run them staight accross. If you have an old chassis or something laying around I would consider that b/c I think those Jconcepts straps are kinda expensive anyway. I do like your setup I might end up doing it that way in the end. I have an old JRXS chassis laying around I can cut up. I see what you mean with the GTB.

Just out of curiousity do you have any cooling issues with your GTB now that you run lipo? Since Lipos don't create heat I was thinking that may be why I don't have any cooling issues in any of my cars and the people I race with that have GTBs always thermal, but they are running NIMH too. This might be another benefit of lipo batteries
I have no cooling issues at all. When I had it in my B4 I didn't even run the fan on the GTB because there really wasn't enough room. I've never had a GTB thermal on me with the 7.5 or the 10.5. It never even really got that hot to the touch. I've seen others have problems thermaling even with the fan but I don't know if that was from batteries they were using or their gearing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.