Schumacher Off-road forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Off-road forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2001, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

matt what brackets are you running now? there are three or four that I am aware of I am just wondering I have though about tring the short shocks in the front again but I like the way my car jumps now
Old 10-28-2001, 12:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yoshi the plastic clicker unit last a long time and you can tune it a little like I said.
Bladerunner I ran the EVO for the last couple of weeks its okay. Hopefully after xmas I will get the updated one and I will get the adjustable tray chassi for it. I think that would help the car alot on our track. Well I did run the 3000 for the first time in 6 months. All that I can say is WOW. If my head does not blow up on the drivers stand I think that I have a good chance of being the state champ. To give you an idea. I made those changes and topped of the shock oil. Thats it I did not even rebuild the diffs and I am with in a 1/2 of a second a lap of the track record set by one of the factory team drivers with a two wheel. And that is with only five packs total through the car today. All that I can say is I am pumped up again.
Old 10-28-2001, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

Wow I cant till I get my cat3000
Old 10-28-2001, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Blade, I'm back to running the origional short/med mounts. I think when we re-start our season next year i may well get some time in running the 01 spec mounts. I firmly beleive that on dirt with big jumps that the long/med is the way to go, but on UK tracks the car seems a little less stable.

I tried the longer mounts on our one and only dirt track but the rear of the car just wasn't working and there wasn't time to work on it so we reverted to what we knew.

Have you seen PW's car in this months RCCA??
Old 10-28-2001, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

I saw Pauls car with the shorter chassis and stuff. How do you know if you have the short medium or long brackets (is that another name for shock towers) for the cat?
Old 10-28-2001, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Yes that is just another name. Pauls car was fitted with the 01 spec car brackets.

It didn't say what he thought of the chassis. It was tried over here and dismissed, although Teemu ran it at the Florida winter nats earlier in the year. I doubt it will go into production though.
Old 10-28-2001, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

purple p
you are going to have to get a picture of the car so I can see what you did sounds like it worked really well. as far as a new evo goes I would not unless you need a whole new kit. I almost like the the old rear tower better wich is the biggest difference between the cars. I to would like the new chassis with the movable tray.

matt
I feel a new wheeler coming on early next year if the mission is as good as it looks I can see that drivetrain and chassis layout working well in an off-road car. I like my 98 with the batteries on one side and everything else on the other I even thought the rear suspension worked better that it does on the 3000.
Old 10-28-2001, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

I hope its another full year before a new 4wd comes out because I dont wanna buy a buggy that will be replaced soon after.
Old 10-29-2001, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Blade, Not sure if there are any plans to do that. I wouldn't think so but you never can tell. I think the transmission would need beefing up quite a bit to take off rd.

I agree bout the rear suspension though!!!
Old 10-29-2001, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

that kind of seems to be the pattern for schumacher to release a kit run that for about a year then update the kit to include some parts that were developed continue that for another year and then revamp the kit rather dramaticly. it seems to me that the fireblade more than the cat is due for this but with the continued development of the sedan and how that could translate to the wheeler I think the cat will progress faster than the fireblade. I have no insider info on any of this of course but it is fun to speculate.

I don't think much beefing up would be required after all this new drive train is loosely based on the original cat xls drivetrain wich used three belts instead of two however.

I see one needed part for the fireblade right now is one piece rear toe block to be mounted in front of the tranny I have bent way!!! to many rear hinge pins for this not to be looked before now (puple p double check yours before the weekend hint hint)
Old 10-29-2001, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Bladerunner I am only runnig the 3000 this weekend. I am due for a new 2 wheel that is why I want one. I am pretty handy with a dremel so do you think I could fab the old shock tower to fit? Or mabey make the new one more conventional? I also agree that my 98 (2000) did want to be drived more agressively that is why I tried the new stuff on the 3000. You can still light up the car and swing the backend loose but you have to be heavy on the throttle to do it. I was over cooking corners to see what it would do and all I did was let off the throttle and ease back into it and the car went were you wanted it. It felt alot like the old 2000 did with the responsive steering that the short towers give the car.
Old 10-29-2001, 07:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

That last line should have said it feels like the 2000 did but has the responsiveness of the 3000 with short towers.
Old 10-29-2001, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

So should I keep the short (fr) and med (rear) shock towers for the 3000? I run on a tight flat dirt track.
Old 10-29-2001, 08:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Your car will come with the taller towers. If you are running on a smooth flat track run limiters in the shocks until you can get the shorter towers and shocks.
Old 10-30-2001, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Blade, Agreed about the single piece toe-in block for the rear pins. I had one made for my 3000!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.