Any XX4 Racers!

Old 02-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

I have a roller XX-4 (plastic version) if someone wants it. It can be used as a parts car or maybe even make it a running chassis. I know at least one of the belts are bad and the diffs may need to be gone through. Its also missing the motor clamp and mount.

Make me a offer and more than likey it won't be turned down.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok cool on the belts thank guys.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

xrayeddy im not losing the one way . im losing the stock belts way to easy.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Sport 10,

Do you have a link to the front hinge pin mod?
Old 02-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just have to check out some hinge pins a local hobby shop and slip it through the caster block and outter arm. For mine I put the XXX4 arms on and put some hinge pins I had laying around in. The pins I had didn't have the grooves on the end for the E clips so I drilled a small hole on the bottom side of the arm and put a grub screw in to hold the pin from moving. This won't work with the XX4 arms though because the are to thin, so make sure you get pins with E clip grooves.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Are the XXX-4 arms the same as the XX-4 arms up front? Dimension wise anyway.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking XX-4

Hi. I have a XX-4 and a XXX-4 as well. I enjoy both cars. The XX-4 in the pic I am posting has upgraded outdrives and a rear wing mount. This unit was an original XX-4 purcahsed when the car first came out. Since, I have of course gone through at least 1 dozen original shock towers. After they change to the new show shock tower which most people have, I have only broken 1. I have upgraded the shocks, I use to have the trinity blue bulk head which lasted up until last year. This is my 3rd chassis. Overall in the 10 years that I have had the car, I would say the belts are the hardest to deal with due to the time it takes to change it. I will say this much, the car jumps wonderfully. I like it much better than my XXX-4. The XXX-4 has the same upgraded outdrives. I think the XXX-4 is faster on the straights though.
Attached Thumbnails Any XX4 Racers!-losi-buggies.jpg  
Old 02-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Dimensions they are different arms for the XX and XXX 4 wheelers.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Another option besides piecing together hinge pins and figuring it out yourself to replace the king pins is a ready to go modification that X-factory has out. Works for the XX4 and XXX4 as well as the X5

http://www.xfactoryrc.com/news_09_27_06.htm
Old 02-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Fuhrer
Sport 10,

You just have to get an aluminum front hinge pin mount for the old B3 and some longer hinge pins, it's not too hard to do.

But as far as setups go, I bought my second XX4WE two weeks ago for one weekend race and threw the Amezcua or whatever setup from the losi site and it was great, very smooth and easy to drive.

As far as the shock tower thing goes, I wouldn't exactly call it a mod! The best way to run those shocks on the 4wheeler is slammed all the way down! With all the steering you get from the drive in the front, you need as much rear traction as you can get and this would only take away from that............

PS electric 4wd is the baddest class ever!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The Fuhrer
Sport 10,

www.4wdrc.com

They sell the kingpin mod. They also have quite a few good tips in the techs section and do not forget to check out their forum.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

another xx-4 owner checking in. I bought this about 7-8 years ago. Still works. I just upgraded to the HD belts, cut out the chassis under the motor to help the cooling, and put a Novak GTB 7.5 in it. Im going to be getting a 5.5 soon.....just couldnt find any at a local shop.

I havent drove in about 7 1/2 years because i joined the navy and being a junior rank i couldnt afford it. I recently went to Cutting Edge R/C in Las Vegas and ran expert 4wd Mod. Suprisingly i did fairly well, i took the 3rd qualifier and qualified .5 seconds under the TQ in a 7 car class. THe funnest part of the night was laughing at the 3 BJ4 owners because i beat them with an 8 year old car! =)

Im completely stoked about getting back into the sport again.

So now its all about getting my stuff up to date. I need to send my bc112c charger in for a major software upgrade, and been buying battery packs.

Just a thought, its been so long, the best battery i had in my box was a matched 1700mAh NiCad. They still work too, but not race worthy. Now its back to finding out setup that works!

Hope to see you guys around!
Old 02-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

what are the hd belts?
Old 02-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SupahDave
another xx-4 owner checking in. I bought this about 7-8 years ago. Still works. I just upgraded to the HD belts, cut out the chassis under the motor to help the cooling, and put a Novak GTB 7.5 in it. Im going to be getting a 5.5 soon.....just couldnt find any at a local shop.

I havent drove in about 7 1/2 years because i joined the navy and being a junior rank i couldnt afford it. I recently went to Cutting Edge R/C in Las Vegas and ran expert 4wd Mod. Suprisingly i did fairly well, i took the 3rd qualifier and qualified .5 seconds under the TQ in a 7 car class. THe funnest part of the night was laughing at the 3 BJ4 owners because i beat them with an 8 year old car! =)

Im completely stoked about getting back into the sport again.

So now its all about getting my stuff up to date. I need to send my bc112c charger in for a major software upgrade, and been buying battery packs.

Just a thought, its been so long, the best battery i had in my box was a matched 1700mAh NiCad. They still work too, but not race worthy. Now its back to finding out setup that works!

Hope to see you guys around!
IB4200WC 6 cell packs from any of the well known battery matchers would be a good choice. I prefer Promatch myself.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I so far picked up 3 packs. I have two Orion 3700's, and a Promatch 4200. Im very happy with the batteries so far. I need to upgrade the bc112c to the newest software so i can charge them correctly. I also need a good discharge tray. Im looking at the novak smart tray and the trinity absolute zero. The one i have now takes forever....and to properly maintain the batteries it says to leave them charged and discharge them and recharge before you run.

I dont want to spend all this $$$ and not do it right.

I just picked up a Orion Advantage Charger and Power supply on the forum, so i can send back my other charger with no down time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.