Wiki Posts
Search

mamba max ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 01:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwagner
so i have a mamba on the way ! it was shipped on monday. I am running a spektrum system... so odds are I shouldnt have a glitch right?? its going into a t3
should be fine
Old 05-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

CONGRATS TO CASTLE, I just read in RC CAR ACTION where the Mamba Max beat the LRP SPHERE and the GTB for the Readers Choice Award. I know it's not exactly an Oscar but I just had to mention it!
Old 05-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SQC049
I'm not going to get involved in this pissing match, but I have to interrupt here for a moment.

With the Mamba, you have to update firmware, which seems crazy to me, it should work out of the box. Then you have to hook it up to a computer to make changes to it. ...
Yeah right
Why don't you first do some proper homework so that you know what you are talking, criticising about.

Please stick to positive criticism from which we can learn, in stead of throwing mud.

... Back on topic:
I personally allready drove a Sidewinder and a MM-combo and allthough with my little experience, experienced one or twice an ever so slightly hesitation, which I due to the lack of sensor. Then again, it was after my car crashed and stopped very suddenly.
I NEVER had any feeling of "unsmoothness" when I am driving nice fluent lines, driving smooth through corners.
But I must admit that in a (international) top-final, when it gets really tuff, you don't want ANY possible glitch, ... so you might consider not buying a MM... but who gets in a top-final?? Not many pilots do.
(And anyway, it's the most important to drive without mistakes, so ...)

So one of the best advantages of Castle Creations ESC's is the fact that they bring POWERFULL and very reliable BL-ESC's (no thermal shutdown's!) for a very affordable price!
So bashers have a great ready-to-run BL-system for a low price, and "normal" competition drivers have a RELIABLE ESC.

I agree that taking a laptop to the track is not the most convenient. But you CAN tune it without the laptop, all dough it's not a very simple procedure.
I tuned mine at home and simply loved the easy interface, very easy to understand.
Also, I think the fact that the software can easely be updated gives the opportunity to improve the possibilities of these ESC's without having to send it back to the manufactor.

I guess the best ESC would have a pc-interface on which you can tune different programs (in stead off 1) and then having a little button on the ESC with which you can choose one of your own programs. Then you would have the opportunities from both systems.
Off course that's all only IMHO.

Last edited by Low_E; 05-24-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What would be sweet is running the programming software on a cell phone or PDA.

CC has not done it yet, but they have thought about it. I don't know how feasible that is but it would be cool. I would buy a cheap PDA on ebay and carry that in my pit bag.

btw, Tekin is also doing the "laptop" thing with their new (hotwire?) setup.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:43 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
What would be sweet is running the programming software on a cell phone or PDA.

CC has not done it yet, but they have thought about it. I don't know how feasible that is but it would be cool. I would buy a cheap PDA on ebay and carry that in my pit bag.

btw, Tekin is also doing the "laptop" thing with their new (hotwire?) setup.
Well a few other companies must feel using a computer to adjust the speedo is a good thing since Tekin and Losi do it plus Castle. It really is once again technology taking another step forward.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:45 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

My feeling about the firmware updates is that it is nice a company has free updates everytime that make improvements vs the old way of a company making an improvement and then you need to buy another speedo, and then a few more months that make it better, and you need to buy yet another speedo. Been happening this way for years just like with batteries until lipos came along.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Tech Rookie