What .21 engine have the best balance ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What .21 engine have the best balance ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Default What .21 engine have the best balance ?

Sooner i gona buy a new .21, i see many brand and models, i need a good balance with bottom power and high rpm, good torque, any idea, alot of European Engine have this but i need point of view.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I dont' have a whole lot to judge by since I'm just getting into nitro, but I've been really impressed with my Ninja 21 buggy engine and pipe combo. Lots of punch and I'm not getting pulled on the straight by anyone (yet )
Old 02-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

get the picco p7-r evo2 engine. it has all the power youll ever need. its bottom end is soo string, it will even spin the wheels, on the tracks that have the highes amount of traction. and thisengine just screams all the way to the top. there was no engine at the track this last weekend that would pass me.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Collari B7 or the B3. Cant go wrong with either.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i started out with a rossi p5+2 motor. i know have been running a GO motor the last two weeks and it has exactly what you describe you want. i have a 7 port but at the moment the only one avaliable is a 5 port , which is a great motor as well. A main hobbies has them they are right at 200 bucks. and at THE PIT in Az. where the nitro is challenge is being held, we had a 185' foot straight and it is one of the fastest motors as well. it is very driveable and from the moment the clutch locks in it make power all the way through the powerband. for the money how could you GO wrong?
Old 02-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I dont' have a whole lot to judge by since I'm just getting into nitro, but I've been really impressed with my Ninja 21 buggy engine and pipe combo. Lots of punch and I'm not getting pulled on the straight by anyone (yet )
Me either...especially when you only run two shims with 30%....
Old 02-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

mike.cl.. i think the engine u use now is the best species...
Attached Thumbnails What .21 engine have the best balance ?-enjin-sts-d21e-economi.jpg   What .21 engine have the best balance ?-enjin-sts-d21b-black-head.jpg   What .21 engine have the best balance ?-enjin-sts-d21tgreen-head.jpg  
Old 02-15-2007, 06:23 PM
40%
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arghh
yes. and pssstt if you want better fuel management ,drop in a rb/novarossi carb in there and a jp2 combo.

Apart from the above my personal favorites are

J.p racing FX 21 B-5T

Rb ws7 3

Rb C6 BB

Collari B7

Jp racing V-spec <--did not own one only got to drive for a bit . Justin of j.p racing italy told me it's the u.s division that made this so he can't sent me any .

Have not tried the ninja..is it good?.are the temps constants?

I suggest u check evilbay for any used engines and try em out yourself b4 buying a nib one.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by arghh
Well i just see one time run this engine from Tabushi ( a good friend from Chile to ) and he sold me a new one STS D21T, this engine have a good balance, Tabushi run whit this engine in our National 1/8 Race and go very well, i just finished the break in and i hope this Sunday run a few tank and get a good view about this engine.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:32 PM
40%
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Bro good luck for the race this sunday!. Dunt worry about the engine it's a workhorse.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would recommend getting a O.S .21. O.S. has been building engines since the early days, they know what there doing. They are easy to tune and very reliable, they are also the current world champ in buggy engines, what more can I say. Just my opinion though, theres alot of good engines out there.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kylehirano
I would recommend getting a O.S .21. O.S. has been building engines since the early days, they know what there doing. They are easy to tune and very reliable, they are also the current world champ in buggy engines, what more can I say. Just my opinion though, theres alot of good engines out there.
Your are right dude, i have since i run in nitro cars OS, and .21 i have a VZ run very well good low punch midle and high i have test the JP2 on this engine, few people here run this pipe and say is very good. well gona tested sunday.