R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Regestering a used AMB transponder (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/149644-regestering-used-amb-transponder.html)

crazyjr 02-14-2007 09:24 AM

Regestering a used AMB transponder

How do you regester a used AMB Personal transponder? I haven't bought one yet, but all the local tracks are switching to them, so i'm wanting to get one. I know to some extent, when you get a new one you regester it to your name or car, but if its already regestered, How do you re-regester it to you? Also, Can you run one personal on all cars or is it set to one car only?

Thanks for any Info and sorry for all the questions

trebor 02-14-2007 09:30 AM

i think once you register it to your name its all set. and im pretty sure that you can only use one per class. so if you run mod truck you cant go and run 2wd with same pt. but if you hve two mod trucks you can definitely switch em up.

RobS 02-14-2007 09:43 AM

It really depends on what scoring program your local track uses. If you bought a PT off another guy that runs at your track you will have to go a delete his number and put it under your name. You can run the same transponder in multiple classes if you want, there shouldn't be a problem there. The race director at your track should be able to help you out...

AzBobby 02-14-2007 09:48 AM

yea its nothing special, when you go to a track to race they will ask youfor your number printed on the pt. give it to them and your done. since it is used you may find it come up in someone else's system, well just show them it is in your car and no problem.

Craps 02-14-2007 09:50 AM

You can enter a different name on the transponder # in a race, you just can't have 2 different racers in the same race with the same transponder #!

All the hand out transponders have a numbers too and are used by multiple racers during the same day in different classes.

AreCee 02-14-2007 11:30 AM

Usually the race director will ask you for your name, class and transponder #. Some tracks will save the info others don't, just have the number ready when you go to register. I have mine listed on my cell phone directory.

You can use the same transponder in several classes.

crazyjr 02-14-2007 11:37 AM

OK guys thanks, I thought they had a database where tracks could use as a reference, so you don't register per say, but just have the number handy for the race director, and be able to show the transponder for proof if there is a problem. once. Also, just to make sure Depending on the track and system you might can use the same transponder in different classes

Ed Anderson 02-14-2007 11:50 AM

Yes we do have a database. But the way you guys change cars, classes, and equip. Its best to add the number on the sign-up sheet. I know a few people that store there # in the cell phone. Its a great idea...7 digit number.