R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Question regarding Novak GTB's... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/149412-question-regarding-novak-gtbs.html)

Brushless Corey 02-12-2007 09:05 PM

Question regarding Novak GTB's...

I recently bought a Velociti GTB 5.5 setup for me XX-4. When I installed it, I put the GTB right behind the motor being it seems that is the best place for it. Only problem is the long wires. Can you cut these wires without causing any issues? I have zip ties and the wires all bundled up and it kinda looks like crap. I'm just wanting to clean it up a little. :nod:

Thanks.....

Corey

TheTurtleMan 02-12-2007 11:25 PM

You can shorten the motor power wires, but I wouldn't cut the sensor wires. But that's just my opinion.

Brushless Corey 02-12-2007 11:52 PM

I'm just wanting to shorten the 3 (blue, orange, yellow) wires from the motor to the ESC and leave everything else alone. As it sits the wires are all bunched up and looks like a big glob all around and in between the motor and ESC.

TheTurtleMan 02-13-2007 07:41 AM

No prob on those wires. I did all 3 of my brushlees cars. ;)

Brushless Corey 02-13-2007 09:33 AM

Thanks. I guess that'll give me something to do until I can get some batteries for my XX-4 made up.

AzBobby 02-13-2007 10:09 AM

yes as he said you most definetely can cut those three wires. also with it right behind the motor, you are going to need to have the fan on the esc, as well as some pretty good holes on that side of the body to get fresh air in there. also follow the chart in the instructions regarding the gearing, so you cause more heat than necessary by over or ubder gearing.

Brushless Corey 02-13-2007 10:52 AM

My XX-4 has the stock gearing in it right now. I have the fan on the GTB and there is a hole in the body for air flow. Is there any other suggestion to where to place the GTB other than right behind the motor? I thought about trying to mount it on the spot where the reciever goes, but there wouldn't be a good amount of air flow to it unless I cut the front window out and I won't be doing that. :lol:

BuggyKing 02-13-2007 01:40 PM

Yes you can shorten them if needed. I too am running the 6.5 in my XX4 and have had to shorten them to get them to work.

AzBobby 02-13-2007 02:19 PM

after looking at car and its layout you dont have much choice. witht he fan and the holes to the motor area along with not running to big of a pinion you'll be ok. plus it is heavier than the reciever anyway so mounting it up un top of the center would be handling death anyways.

Brushless Corey 02-13-2007 06:21 PM

Well I got off work early tonight, so I will be taking the 5.5 out of my XX-4. I may just get crazy with it and put it in my BK2 til I get some batteries made for it. ;) :lol:

THanks fellas :nod: