Wiki Posts
Search

Need help with Traxxas tranny

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Need help with Traxxas tranny

So I am converting my tranny over to steel gears and have a problem. I get everything back together and take the truck {rustler with brushless} back together and take it out side for some fun. Works great for about a week with 4hrs runtime about. I realize I forgot to change the idle gear to the metal one. I figure it will be fine for a little bit longer. All of a sudden it goes nut's with some crazy grinding sound. I figure it is the idle gear. Take it apart see the gear is ground down, Yeah I kinda figured that would happen. So I clean all the grease out to get the plastic chunks out. Replace the gear with the new metal 30 tooth, slap some new grease on it and put it back together. Before I put it on the truck I spin the slipper clutch by finger to make sure everything is good. Here is where I get confused. It makes about a full rotation and it catches on something. Now I take it apart and look for something out of place and can't find anything. So is it the wrong tooth size or can something else be screwed up? The car was the base model but then I upgraded it to the brushless. So thats why I changed everything around. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know there are not to many guys run Traxxas cars on this forum.For anything Traxxas go to traxxas.com they have a forum and are pretty fast at giving a replie it's at the top of the page under online community.This site is more geared toward racers.At the Traxxas site you name it somebody has most likely done it on there.Hope this helps not Bashing rctech but I really feel you will have better luck at traxxas.com