R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   ASSOCIATED T4 SWAY BAR KIT (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/148015-associated-t4-sway-bar-kit.html)

Ae13291 02-04-2007 05:26 PM

ASSOCIATED T4 SWAY BAR KIT

hi guys all i want to know is if a T3/B3 sway bar kit fit my T4 because i accidently bought the T3 sway bar and they wont let me return it, so please guys giv me ur advice or i would really love to hear that the sway bar would fit my T4. thanks alot guys.

WheelNut 02-04-2007 06:19 PM

Well, if you've got it, try and put it on. As long as it seems like everything fits and if there is no binding your probably good to go. I can't imagine the T4 vs T3 sway bars could be much different. The T3 one is shaped the same as the T3 one probably, like this \_/? Then there are 2 2-56 screws with washers, and 2 1-1.5" 4-40 threaded rods with ball ends for both, thats what the T4 kit has so you can compare I guess. I figure you should just try and mount the kit you've got on your T4 and see what happens, you can't return it anyways so whats the difference.

Ae13291 02-04-2007 06:26 PM

thanks man ill giv it a try

AzBobby 02-04-2007 06:44 PM

what kind of driving/racing are you doing that you need a sway bar? :confused:

WheelNut 02-04-2007 06:49 PM

Probably something high grip, but I know a few people who run swaybars on all tracks. They even run them on rough tracks! :weird:

Ae13291 02-04-2007 09:40 PM

i run on a some what bumpy track its not an oval and its a wet dirt track and my problem is that when i am entering the turn my front times are just slippin i sometimes have to slide into the turn to make it.

AzBobby 02-04-2007 09:49 PM

with some set-up changes to your truck in shock location and oils and tire/foam selection you can accomplish what you need. as well as some driving time and your entry speed into corners. a sway bar will cause a larger loss of time in your laps than it is going to help you. i would look on AE site and go to their set-ups and see if any of them have raced at your track or give a description of a track like yours and try out that set-up. i have a ft t4 as well and don't experience the issues you described. unless i over drive it of course. but i also never put the factory set up on it. for Maifields set-ups work for how i like to drive. just another option instead of bolting extra weight on your truck and also giving you handling probs in other parts of your track.

Ae13291 02-04-2007 10:40 PM

well my truck now isnt factory settings i have a few upgrades on it and i fixed some adjustments at the track im mostly in the top 3 people to finish in stock truck im gonna swith to modified races soon, i also checked the associated site and my track is there hot rod hobbies and im gonna copy most of there set ups. but thanks alot for all your help

AzBobby 02-05-2007 02:18 AM

kool. you'll be alot happier with a good set-up than a sway bar kit. if your track ruts out or the build whoops alot you will hate the sway bar more than you can imagine. upgraded parts isn't what i was refering to, and they shouldn't affect handling just ake your truck more durable and more tunable depending on what upgrades you got. i meant the factory set-up in the back of your manual. have fun with it.