Search
Like Tree8Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just want to post a quick note we got more RB5 spare and option parts back in stock and some RB5 kits back in as well.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
Old 06-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

as anybody tried the car with these parts

Kyosho RB5 Carbon Composite Front Shock Tower

Kyosho RB5 Carbon Composite Rear Shock Tower

Kyosho RB5 Carbon Composite Rear Chassis

Kyosho RB5 Carbon Composite Rear Bulkhead
Old 06-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

First night out with the RB5 and I took 3rd in stk class and second time out with the ZX5 and I took first in mod class. Thanks to Ryan AKA Hacker 07 for his help with my ZX5 and Joe P for help with the RB5. Best night I have ever had racing. These cars are VERY fun to drive!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesnMeyer
First night out with the RB5 and I took 3rd in stk class and second time out with the ZX5 and I took first in mod class. Thanks to Ryan AKA Hacker 07 for his help with my ZX5 and Joe P for help with the RB5. Best night I have ever had racing. These cars are VERY fun to drive!!!!!!
How does it drive compare to your Losi vehicles?

Cheers
Old 06-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

It felt more balanced than my BK2 and steers better under power than it as well. For me the RB5 is much better but it seems to fit my driving style better than my BK2 did. I can say this for sure and that is I havent had this much fun racing in years!!!!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

I have to say one other thing about my Kyosho experience. The Team drivers in my area are great. Every sponsered driver in attendance came over and gave my car a look over and one of them made some adjustments. I never had that happen before. Thanks!
Old 06-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Just want to post a quick note we got more RB5 spare and option parts back in stock and some RB5 kits back in as well.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
Thanks Steve I found your site on line by chance and will be stopping by next week to stock up on parts.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have uploaded an editable PDF setup sheet for the RB5 Ultima to my website.

It was made by Alexander Mach (thanks Alex!) and can be downloaded from the following link:

http://web.aanet.com.au/fir/bender/M..._blank_rb5.pdf

Also available is my setup that I used to finish 3rd in 2wd Stock at our State Championships on the weekend - on a medium grip blue groove track with Astroturf jumps. Download from the following link:

http://web.aanet.com.au/fir/bender/M...7QldTitles.pdf
Old 06-12-2007, 03:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank you bender for both, the upload and your setup
Old 06-12-2007, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (96%+)

Does anyone no where there are orange front springs in stock online? Must ship to Australia
cheers
Scotty
Old 06-12-2007, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Well, I was thoroughly pleased with my first outing with the RB5. What a great buggy! It feels just like a Losi.... that can steer and jump better. The suspension was crazy good all weekend. I gotta get those shock cartridges now for my ZX5. I got the x-cross o-rings and my ZX5 shocks were still kinda leaking. Not sure why, but anyway, I was amazed at how smooth the RB5 felt on the track. I'm a pretty good driver, but 2WD buggy has always been very difficult for me to excel.... which is always the reason why I want to get better. It is very difficult to go fast in 2WD, in my opinion. For the Region 8 ROAR regional, I ended up 4th qualifer and 4th overall after the triple-As. Much better than what I've ever done against some guys that would usually smoke my ass with ease. The fastest lap all weekend was a 20.4 and mine was a 20.7! If I was running my B4 or a Losi, it would have been at least 1 second or more difference between my fastest lap and the fastest overall lap. Needless to say, I'm very pleased and will be keeping this buggy. Just like the ZX5, I feel the RB5 responded very well to all of my setup changes. It's nice when you incorporate a change to solve a handling issue and the result of your change is actually felt on the track. I started with Casper's setup (minus the 1/4 ounce in each of the 4 corners, but kept the 1/2 ounce in the rear). I felt the RB5 leaned slightly more towards the losi where rear traction never seemed to be an issue and I was usually looking for steering. The track was a hard packed clay and I started with pink tapers in the rear and pink 3-ribs up front. I felt it pushed a bit which seemed odd to me with that tire combo. I changed to pink tapers up front and the buggy felt better. I still felt I needed some more low speed, off-power steering, so I changed to the silver (stock ZX5) rear springs. That seemed to do it. My only problem at that point was keeping my speed in the high speed corners. I decided to change to the 25 deg. caster up front. It didn't take away hardly any of the low speed steering, but fixed the high speed steerng. At this point, the car felt perfect. Anyways, that's my story with the RB5. I'm definitely looking forward to the next winter indoor season (people in my area don't race electric all summer). Oh, and one more thing, I won the mod 4WD class with my ZX5 making it two straight years as the region 8 4WD champ.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scottk
Does anyone no where there are orange front springs in stock online? Must ship to Australia
cheers
Scotty
Amainhobbies.com has them as well as speedtech.com
Old 06-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (96%+)

Both of them are out of Stock
cheers
Scotty
Old 06-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

It seems like everyone is grabing Caspers and Ryans set up sheet. The springs and the 32.5 Losi oil is out of stock everywhere. Have you tried Kyosho itself?
Old 06-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Out of curiosity, does Kyosho have a spring softer than the short Chrome one that comes with the RB-5?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.