Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Ofna 1/8 9.5 KP Violator Buggy .32 RTR (good?) >

Ofna 1/8 9.5 KP Violator Buggy .32 RTR (good?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna 1/8 9.5 KP Violator Buggy .32 RTR (good?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ofna 1/8 9.5 KP Violator Buggy .32 RTR (good?)

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGCY8&P=7

this would be my first RC.... good?

what is better?

i want a Nitro RTR Buggy 4WD
Old 01-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

What about...

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMAC4&P=7

or...

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDUS8&P=7
Old 01-31-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Here's some good advice, stop asking us what you should get. Go to your local hobby shop and find out what cars they carry parts for. I would not purchase any 1/8th scale buggy rtr. If you want something that will last you a long time and turn in to a good investment then here are a few cars that are known to be durable and affordable. The team associated monster GT. You will probly need to upgrade the throtle servo. This is the only big block vehicle I would even consider, it's parts quality is actualy good and it is a very durable truck. Next I would look at a xxx-nt rtr II. This is probly the best rtr package you are going to find. However, it will break. Once you learn to drive it is is a good car though. You will also need some one at your lhs to show you how to break in your diff. If you decide to purchase your vehicle off of tower hobbies I would advise that you buy your support equipment at your lhs so that they may be willing to help you out. Perhaps come up w/ a story on how your aunt shipped it 2 u for your bday and you don't know much about it. The team associated rc10 gt rtr is another good choice as well. It will eventualy need to have the radio upgraded to one with end points and a better steering servo. The life span of the engine is not very long either. Once it goes out a O.S. cv-r would be your best choice. it is very easy to tune and comes w/ a 1 year warranty. When looking at servos do not get digital servos for nitro cars. The vibrations will make them wear out very fast.