Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY XB8EC THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Improvements in manufacturing processes and tweaking of layouts to optimize performance is a welcome adjustment for most.

The prior models could be adjusted to a VERY high degree...the EC has just tweaked things a bit to make it a little easier for racers to hit their base setup and be a little more forgiving, as well as making some running changes to address some concerns that some drivers had with the prior models (ie. front arm and steering knuckle mods for additional steering throw)
Old 02-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

i wonder if they have included the new "ultra high spec" bearings in this kit like they included in the T2 007? you know, the ones that are of such high quality and tight tolerances that they can survive a race day on carpet. then they could try to convince everyone that it is a good thing to have bearings that you need service every race day.

am i bitter? yes. was i once a loyal xray guy? yes (five xray touring cars and a xray xb8 tq). sold them all when they would not stand up and resolve their known issues and then still claim to be a maker of "luxury" cars. all you guys with xray avatars have a heyday flaming me but i'll stick with my questionable quality mugens that can actually finish a race day.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:19 PM
saw
Tech Adept

i am assuming that the new shock pistons will be machined instead of molded. molded pistons are not exactly round like a machined piston will be.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by saw
i am assuming that the new shock pistons will be machined instead of molded. molded pistons are not exactly round like a machined piston will be.
thats explain it. great.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TexRacer
Im thinking I have alot more post and need to KEEP this name.lol.

I think Xray has a incrediable car and answered any concerns people had.
You cant ask for much more than that.
Great Quality and yea rocco I have heard about the brakes.Sweet I hear.

I will be running some Nitro in the next 6 weeks.Just trying to get feeling back in my fingers right now.
If not I will just practice.I think it will be easier on me with bigger tracks and a bigger car.
See you guys soon.

Les

P.S.Any news on Release Date for Buggy and Truggy Rocco?

Ummmm, its going to be sometime this spring, we (and XRay) should be pretty busy with all of the new cars coming out...

rccars4scott: Somebody needs to get you a whaaa-burger and some french cries... I remember when the mbx5 first came out, and my buddy got one. After he finally wrestled and dremelled it together, something bent and/or broke for the first several race weekends until he spent about $200 on parts to remedy the cars weaknesses, and this is no slouch of a driver, Les here (TexRacer) can vouch for AJ... But hey whatever come to a thread and dog a car, what a cool thing to do. Every company/manufacturer will have its flaws.....
Old 02-03-2007, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

any idea how much this buggy will be worth i still have the first XB-8 will be keeping it for i like the quality of finish first rate hope that the EC will be much better than the first version and the TQ
Old 02-03-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

rmargiotta - like i said in my post, everyone with little xray avatars flame away. your childish "whaaa-burger and some french cries" comment and your avatar kind of take away your credibility to make a reasonable rebuttal to a post. if you would care to grow up and provide a coherent reply i would be glad to consider your opinion, until then you are simply a brand loyal lemming willing to accept whatever xray crams down your throat. further, this forum is NOT sacred ground where it is blasphemy to speak about xray issues.

the bearing issue was brought to mario's attention on the xray forum by several people and mario and company chose not to do the right thing. i agree that every manufacturer will have it's flaws, how they deal with the flaw defines the company. to illustrate my point, my mugen had a double drilled hole on the bottom of the chassis plate (as I said, any company can have it's issues) I contacted mugen seiki, sent a digital picture, and they replaced the chassis plate. no questions asked. had xray handled the bearing issue differently this conversation would not be taking place.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Sounds great, thanks! I could understand an error like a double drilled hole, as we have replaced several components that have been mismachined. I'm sorry you had bad luck with your bearings. I got my '007 car out of the same batch and still have the original bearings through out except in the front knuckles where I have hit stuff, but my personal experience is overshadowed by my brand loyal lemming-ness, and I don't run the product I sell especially not every weekend, so it is inconceiveable to formulate my own opinions based on my experience. Once again, sorry that you had a less than favorable experience.

Buboy: The buggy should retail for just a little more than the previous version which sold for $600 at the most. But then again, the retail price will depend on the retailer.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

RCCA got a shot of it at Toy Fair

Cheers
Old 02-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the reply Rocco, your second attempt at a response is much more in line with what I would expect from an employee of RC America. I suppose that I too would be compelled to defend a particular brand if my weekly paycheck came from distributing that brand. Good luck with the new car.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ok, rccars4scott why don't you just leave this thread. You bring up a point completely irrelevant to the XB8 anyways. The XB8 never had any bearing issues, in fact the only issue the TQ had was the diff gears for a little while, which Xray corrected. Have fun with your Mugen, TROLL!
Old 02-04-2007, 02:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Sounds great, thanks! I could understand an error like a double drilled hole, as we have replaced several components that have been mismachined. I'm sorry you had bad luck with your bearings. I got my '007 car out of the same batch and still have the original bearings through out except in the front knuckles where I have hit stuff, but my personal experience is overshadowed by my brand loyal lemming-ness, and I don't run the product I sell especially not every weekend, so it is inconceiveable to formulate my own opinions based on my experience. Once again, sorry that you had a less than favorable experience.

Buboy: The buggy should retail for just a little more than the previous version which sold for $600 at the most. But then again, the retail price will depend on the retailer.
ok thanks, US $600 will be just fine with me i'm praying that our LHS will have the same price
Old 02-05-2007, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Old 02-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Old 02-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

actually i'm just curious, why did Xray move from carbon fiber parts (servo tray, ctr diff mount plate and steering plate) to metal ones? orig XB8 --> TQ and EC

durability and stiffness i guess?
but other buggies eg mbx5 are still using carbon fiber...

juz fyi, i used to run an mbx5 prospec and had the steering plate crack (hairline) twice. even then i've just switched to d 5R cos i like the handling of the mugen (don't bash me ).

but i've to agree that Xray cars are exceptionally well made. gd parts fit and tolerance. love the machining, d metal parts look damn gd, sumthing tt d japanese companies wld not do...
and the hudy spring steel used are great (just tt they're expensive).

they (and RB) need more than juz gd drivers for the next worlds,
they nd the LUCK! (esp yannick)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.