R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   For those who own a Ofna Ravager... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/147099-those-who-own-ofna-ravager.html)

xxx-ntad2 racer 01-29-2007 08:02 PM

For those who own a Ofna Ravager...

How do you like the buggy?

p.s. please don't post if you have not drivin the buggy or owned it. Also please no coments like "why would you care about a ravager". stuff like that.

Thanks!

SUNA 01-29-2007 08:29 PM

I have had 3 9.5 Pro's...and I like them. The 9.5 is pretty much the same as the Ravager. The 9.5 Pro is more blinged. They're the most solid buggy out there. I don't think it's a high level competition buggy...but it's a good entry level buggy. Awesome basher. :D

WheelNut 01-29-2007 08:30 PM

I used to have 2 years ago. It ok at best. Not as smooth as expensive buggies. Basically its ok for club racing, but you have to know how to tune and maintain a car first. For competitive racing I would not recommend it. Also throw out all the included electronics as they are all garbage.

*fixed it SUNA, lol*

SUNA 01-29-2007 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Basically its ok for club racing, but you have to know how to tune and maintain a car first. For racing I would not recommend it.

Way to contradict yourself. :p Know what you mean for sure though. It's good for weekend racing...but not the ticket for big races.

Personally I like them...for the stage I'm at. I'm a basher who's going to race this year. I wanted the most solid buggy out there to take the beatings of my poor driving. The car is tough...it's heavy for those rough tracks...and parts are cheap and everywhere. You can pick up sweet 9.5 Pro rollers on eBay for cheap. Just don't deal with dr350z. :D

xxx-ntad2 racer 01-30-2007 01:55 PM

thanks for the comments!

im mostly going to swich all the electronics with my spectrum and hitech servos. also im mostly going to race my ad2 this year so this buggy might see a couple club races. just want a good starter buggie. eventually, i'll make my way to a jammin or losi eight.

Perry 01-30-2007 07:29 PM

I raced one last season at the club level. Keep plenty of spare spindles and maybe c hubs. I went through plenty of rtr spindles. Or upgrade to cnc alum. Besides that I never broke anything even after a hard days bashing including a couple of unsuccessful backflip attempts which ended up in nose dives!! Great basher!!!

xxx-ntad2 racer 01-30-2007 07:55 PM

what is the difference from the 9.5 rtr to the ravager rtr besides the motor? would it be better getting the 9.5 rtr for some reason?

btw, thanks for the replys.

SUNA 01-30-2007 10:56 PM

I believe the main difference between the Ravager and the 9.5 is the front uni's.