Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best buggy??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

there u go.. Jammin X1CR FTE.. just take it.. no regret.. dont go for the RTR..
Attached Thumbnails best buggy??-jammin-fte-uk.jpg   best buggy??-jammin-fte-part.jpg   best buggy??-hn-fly.jpg  
Old 01-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

kind of in the same seat your in, but i'll give my opinion on this anyways.

since you need a rtr raceable, i'd look for something like the losi eight because the servos and radio system is up to date and is good. my secound thing i'll mention is buying used. Now a days is the best time to buy and i know you can get good deals on hyper 7s. good race buggy couple years ago and can be found cheap.

if you don't have a money limit, look at losi eight, jammin, and hyper 8(probably the cheapest out of the three).

GL on finding your buggy.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well for 2wd drive Losi CR. For 4wd XX4 and gas the Losi Eight. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would not recommend the Losi buggy. Everyone that was sold has terrible wear in all the bearings , ball links and the entire front end. And i'm a losi fan ...

If you want the best RTR I would suggest the Jammin truggy or buggy

If your looking for the best Kit I like the Mugen or Kyosho.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

People are going to recommend what they have and what they drive....when it comes to it, if you're planning to race, go to your local track and see what people are driving. Personally, Kyosho and Mugen are the best buggies out there but they're also pricey. Losi is fairly new so that's why everyone is recommending one. Also, you'll need to check your local hobby store to see what they'll stock for parts. No sense of getting a Kyosho if they don't stock Kyosho parts.

Lastly, Go Mugen !!!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:56 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedChair
People are going to recommend what they have and what they drive....when it comes to it, if you're planning to race, go to your local track and see what people are driving. Personally, Kyosho and Mugen are the best buggies out there but they're also pricey. Losi is fairly new so that's why everyone is recommending one. Also, you'll need to check your local hobby store to see what they'll stock for parts. No sense of getting a Kyosho if they don't stock Kyosho parts.

Lastly, Go Mugen !!!
I agree with everything speedchair said...well, except for the "lastly, go Mugen thing"...lol.

Mugen and Kyosho are definitely the "premier" buggies on the market right now, but like he said, they are very pricey! The Losi name speaks for itself, and the fact that it's made in the U.S. makes me want one just for that reason alone.
The Jammin stuff is also very good, but again, more pricey...and, I don't think they are ANY better than the H8 which is alot cheaper price wise.
I personally wouldn't recommend something to someone just because it's what I am running. I wouldn't be running it if I didn't like it...lol. I'm the type of person that wouldn't accept a sponsorship for free stuff, if it was a product that I didn't like or believe in...but that's just me. If I like a product, people will know it, and if I don't, then people tend to know that too.
If you can afford the buggy and the parts, then by all means the Mugen, Kyosho or Losi are the best right now...but they should be for the money they cost...if you want a great buggy for less money, then the H8 is worth considering...
Old 01-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I would say go with what gives you the most useable race level items for the money.

Assuming this is for nitro 1/8 scale, I like the following as they are marketed:

1. CEN Matrix RTR
2. Losi 8ight RTR
3. Jammin RTR

The main reason I have the Matrix at the top of my list is that for the money, approximately less than 400 dollars ( seen them between $350 and $400 shipped) , you get:

- Airtronics MX3 FM Radio
- 2 144oz servos for steering and throttle
- Powerful .26 engine
- Extremely beefy vehicle
- Race proven
- Excellent customer support
- Compatible with other makes of vehicles for certain parts like steering knuckles

Thats alot of vehicle for the price. It is also available from Horizon so parts are not an issue.

I also like the 8ight RTR as it comes with an even better radio setup, but the servos are not as strong and I still don't like seeing a Z270 servo for throttle duties, heard of these breaking because of the strain on the throttle return spring.

I took the CEN Matrix RTR and sold out what I didn't need, and have a pretty nice vehicle here I am getting ready for the summer for about $180 bucks.

If you like to be different, give it a look.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:15 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

I would have to say that there is one guy at the track I race at, that has a Sportwerks RTR buggy, and that baby takes some abuse now!!! I don't know much about it, but he just about murders that thing every saturday and it comes back for more...lol. Pretty impressive....at least as far duability goes...
Old 01-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by J C F D
I would not recommend the Losi buggy. Everyone that was sold has terrible wear in all the bearings , ball links and the entire front end. And i'm a losi fan ...

If you want the best RTR I would suggest the Jammin truggy or buggy

If your looking for the best Kit I like the Mugen or Kyosho.
This is the first that I have heard of this. I own an 8ight and have had none of these problems. The bearings seem to last as long as any of the other 1/8 buggies. My front end does not have anymore slop than any other buggy.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

I do not have one but 4 people from my LHS has had or has them and was super impressed with them the first gallon . Now my LHS owner is selling due to these issues. Again I am a Losi fan, I still will say that I hope the 8t does not have these issues. Also how long have you been driving yours? Is it RTR or kit? , DO you do maintenance?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default XB8 Xray

I had my first buggy last me 13 gallons on the driveline before i sold it and it now lives as a truggy! Quality! fit and finish! Great price point for what the buggy has to offer!! even the XB8R is a great deal!! take a look! www.teamxray.com you'll be glad you did!!
Old 01-31-2007, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by J C F D
I do not have one but 4 people from my LHS has had or has them and was super impressed with them the first gallon . Now my LHS owner is selling due to these issues. Again I am a Losi fan, I still will say that I hope the 8t does not have these issues. Also how long have you been driving yours? Is it RTR or kit? , DO you do maintenance?
I have had mine since the second week of December and have over 2 gallons thru it. It is the RTR that I am slowly converting to a Pro kit. No problems with the bearings or throttle servo at all. I do routine maintence on mine after every race day. The Mach 427 has seated in well and has excellent power and reliability. I am really happy with my decision to go with this buggy.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sport10
I have had mine since the second week of December and have over 2 gallons thru it. It is the RTR that I am slowly converting to a Pro kit. No problems with the bearings or throttle servo at all. I do routine maintence on mine after every race day. The Mach 427 has seated in well and has excellent power and reliability. I am really happy with my decision to go with this buggy.

Maintenance has a great deal to do with it. I'm glad you have had great luck with it. Are you noticing any above normal wear in the knuckles and steering links?