Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
COOLING FAN FOR DURATRAX PIRANHA CHARGER >

COOLING FAN FOR DURATRAX PIRANHA CHARGER

COOLING FAN FOR DURATRAX PIRANHA CHARGER

Old 01-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default COOLING FAN FOR DURATRAX PIRANHA CHARGER

HAY Guys i jut got a DURATRAX digital piranha charger i like it but i want a cooling fan to mount inside it, its made to have a cooling fan but i guess u have to buy it seperate, so does anybody know where i can buy a fan, and if i cant find the fan, i would buy one from radioshack but would anybody know where to connect the fan wires to thanks. thanks guys
Old 01-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Most computer stores will have cheap little fans if you want to install one. I'm not sure where to wire it up to though.

It is a neat combo to install (inside the case) a duratrax 7 amp power supply with it's own cooling fan. It really makes a nice charger out of the dig pir because it can then charge 7-8 cells at 5 amps on AC power and is all contained in the original case and the fan kicks on only when needed. If wired properly it can also be used as a "power supply" for other chargers, etc.

I've done a few of them and really makes a "charger" out of it.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

OOOHHHH so that is why there is so much extra room inside the charger, i was going to buy my freinds 20 amp power supply for like 30 bucks, but now i guess i should buy the one made for it.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

ahaha, don't misunderstand. It is not "made for it" but works very nice even using it as a seperate unit. It will not fit inside without removeing all the power supply parts from the case. You'd be in great shape simply using it as a seperate power supply and still be able to run 5 amps on AC power.

The case is a generic case, that's why I put everything inside, lol. Plenty of room.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

hay thanks alot for the info man im probly gonna go with my buddys 20 amp power supply