Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Official xxx-nt sport 2 thread >

Official xxx-nt sport 2 thread

Official xxx-nt sport 2 thread

Old 02-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Will this connector fit right up to my xxx nt 2 ??????

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...9&I=LRBD13&P=K

Also will the Ofna wall charger fit it as well ???

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...9&I=LXHCF1&P=K
Old 02-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

bump
Old 02-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

my guess would be yes.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Why are they all the same??????
Old 02-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Most radio equipment uses Z-connectors. I'm not sure what is on the Losi RTR's, but you'd be able to trim the tab on the older plugs (J-plug?) and make sure the wires are lined up (pop the tabs in the connector) and make it work.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Thats what I thought,,, cause the connectors on the RTR are thin red 2 prong connectors ..... Af any thing I can swap connectors from my BATTERY HOLDER
too! The reciever battery is made for the xxx-nt though!

The connectors on the RTR are like these
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWW68&P=M
Old 02-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Oh.

At any rate, that stuff is easy to swap and make work.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Yea not to worried about it!!! Well its warming up around here now ...Can tune it better at 48 degrees rather than 8 or 9 So maybe I can have some fun with it finally without sliding all over the ice I know its in the range ... it fires right up no hesitations
Old 02-20-2007, 02:01 AM
Tech Regular

Mine is going great! Had it on the track for the first time on sunday, wowa is it different to a buggy, need major throttle control, i dailed out alot of steering aswell. I swaped to some 16nitro/15 fuel to tame the beast, its just right now and temps are amazingly good. The mach.15 engine was awesome to tune, after about 15 mins of running up and down the straight and leaning off the bottom and top and adjusting the idle according, i had it screaming in no time, with zero load up while idling. I tried the +1 degree of toe on the front, i heard alot of guys like that on their trucks, but yeh its not for me, i set it to -1 degree toe on the front and that suites my driving style alot better. The jr servos are very sufficent for the truck, the steering servo speed is just perfect, maybe a quicker one in the throttle oneday but the z270 is fine for now and i can only think of one other rtr that has a better radio and thats the losi 8 with the spektrum, im goin to put a spektrum receiver in it so i can use it with my good radio gear but the jr is going straight into my sons buggy, its too good to have no use. I also got rid of the switch and put on some deans plugs and rewired the battery leed aswell, i didnt like how close the wireing was to the clutch bell. Great little truck! Only thing i dont like about it is the imperial screws and nuts etc, im goin to have to retool to work on it.

Last edited by FrankBlack; 02-20-2007 at 02:28 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FrankBlack
Mine is going great! Had it on the track for the first time on sunday, wowa is it different to a buggy, need major throttle control, i dailed out alot of steering aswell. I swaped to some 16nitro/15 fuel to tame the beast, its just right now and temps are amazingly good. The mach.15 engine was awesome to tune, after about 15 mins of running up and down the straight and leaning off the bottom and top and adjusting the idle according, i had it screaming in no time, with zero load up while idling. I tried the +1 degree of toe on the front, i heard alot of guys like that on their trucks, but yeh its not for me, i set it to -1 degree toe on the front and that suites my driving style alot better. The jr servos are very sufficent for the truck, the steering servo speed is just perfect, maybe a quicker one in the throttle oneday but the z270 is fine for now and i can only think of one other rtr that has a better radio and thats the losi 8 with the spektrum, im goin to put a spektrum receiver in it so i can use it with my good radio gear but the jr is going straight into my sons buggy, its too good to have no use. I also got rid of the switch and put on some deans plugs and rewired the battery leed aswell, i didnt like how close the wireing was to the clutch bell. Great little truck! Only thing i dont like about it is the imperial screws and nuts etc, im goin to have to retool to work on it.
Was there ever delay in your punch times!!!!! Mine had a slight delay,,,,,, but Ive had these AA batterys in through 11 tanks now I think they went bad!!!

Low batterys have an effect on this type of situation correct.... cause my tuning is dead on I think!

I ve got the battery pack on order for it cant wait till it arrives!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

These tires that The RTR 2 come with arent gonna last long !!! is there tires for it that are a little harder compound that are built like the REPTILES

Last edited by LOWGEARED; 02-20-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Tech Regular

No im not getting any delay, im using a venom 5 cell pack in it. Yes my tires are starting to go too, im goin to grab some proline blades for the front and some bowties medium soft on the back.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

I just now got my duratrax 1100 xxxnt hump pack and tons more fuel so now Im happy all except for tires I want some onroad tires for it !!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Hey wheres a good place to buy ::: Front shock tower,,,, fuel tank,,,,,,new pipe,,,, new front tires and wheels,,,, shock clamps and cups,,,,, and clips!!!!
Cheapest I can find ...

It almost sounds like I got ran over today dont it?????? WELL I DID BY A STUPID MAILMAN!!! My fault thats all that was brobe or bent though so solid over all RTR !!!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Hey LOWGEARED, i found this site http://www.asiatees.com/model.php?br...l=XXX-NT&pid=1

They have pretty much every part for the xxxnt in aluminium or titanium, you will pay a little more but the parts will be bulletproof.

For the pipe, id grabe the drake version, its only a little bit more than the xxxnt pipe.

Soz to hear about your mishap, what did the mailman do after he ran over it?

BTW, that new pack you got will most likely drop real fast after first charge so just keep an eye on it, i usually cycle charge my new packs before i use them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.