R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-12-2007, 06:52 PM   #31
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

try to include all that in the box and keep the price under $250, wait, just give me 3 trucks in one box, screw that, give me a T4 and I can run the same setup on any track
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:17 PM   #32
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Last time I checked people run differant composites on differant AE cars. From what I have heard if you run indoor you typicaly run the factory team truck. If you run outdoors you run the plastic truck w/ the factory team running hard wear. Both cars are going to be very fast in the right hands. Associated makes an assertive effort to tell people that their product was set up in a certain way and it did run better in a certain enviroment w/ non-kit parts. The last time I checked the t-4s were all being set up w/ the quick change wheels. I'm pretty sure that your out door set up t-4 just turned in to a $350 truck. Need I say more? Losi has never hit the market running out there saying this part or this mod will make you faster in a certain situation. Instead you here a simple use my ---- track setup. It has just taken losi 4 differant kits to realize that their car is faster w/ differant componants. After they realized they did not re - invent the wheel w/ their latest xxx-cr I would be hard pressed to see them release a new xxx-t. They have been running on that same platform since like 2000. Once every two years they will sale a kit with slightly less or more anti squat and perhaps a more aggresive steering rack. These are things that a couple washers can change. Perhaps if their new EA3 material is realy the way to go then they should build a car around it. The last time I checked the xxx was built in an era where the stiffest car possible was suposed to equal championships. Simply put, there are some areas which do need to flex and there are other areas that need to be rock hard and bullet proof. Once they figure out that stiff arms and a stiff chasis = very predictable handling while shock towers that give way some = a more forgiving rough track car they should be able to utilize the car. For all of you who have suposedly seen a new generation xxx-t-cr w/ an all new rear shock tower take a quick peak at the xxx-t shock tower b4 you realy call it an all new shock tower.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #33
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Simply put, the xxx-cr was a research car that gave losi a profit. The material shows that it can be beneficial in some enviroments. However, there are parts of the car which apeared to be weakened by this material. Stiff arms, pivots, and chasis will give you that responsive steering. Soft shock towers will help you to absorb big jumps and keep you from breaking if your shock pistons bottom out when your truck bottoms out in a rut and your wheels are not in the rut. For now losi has virtualy the same assortment of parts that a top end touring car manufacturer offers for differant track lay outs. My personel hot ticket which is also bullet proof runs alum pivot blocks, captured ends in the rear, plastic rear shock tower, and the rest of the truck is a stock mf1. I've put around 5 hours of track time on it w/ out a broken part, it's too bad those arms don't last that long b4 they start to get a little sloppy. A few things which I would like to see in the future kits are the following. Design a hub carrier that is lighter then the aluminum ones that will not become sloppy quickly like the plastic and graphite ones. Last, but not least, I would like to see Losi actualy tell their customers that their design is not perfect and a certain mod will make their car faster in certain conditions. I realize that they are able to make a profit off of saling a new kit once every two years, however if you are looking to be that competitive then you are running fresh bearings, arms, and ect. These all add up to a new kit in a hurry. I highly doubt that some one who is not making an effort to keep their car some what tight is going to buy a kit once a year. If they are making the effort to keep their kit tight then odds are they are buying a new kit or dropping a lot of coin in new parts each year. It is like the wheel. If some one re-invented and made it more effecient then I would certainly use it instead of the traditional round wheel. Untill then I will continue to run my gen. 1 mf1 w/ an occasional new part to provide me a setup up tweak that another part would not offer. If you realy took the time to understand what each part and set up adjustment does then I would doubt that you would be begging for the 6th version of the xxx-t to be released. Yes, there have been 5 versions of this car. 3 of them have been competition natured.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:59 PM   #34
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

Uhh you don't think that Losi knows what parts of the cars are affected the most by stiffness? LOL!!!!
TLR - Spektrum - Pro-Line - Stickit1- Schelle - B-Fast Performance
K_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #35
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Lars Johnson

Originally Posted by party_wagon
For all of you who have suposedly seen a new generation xxx-t-cr w/ an all new rear shock tower take a quick peak at the xxx-t shock tower b4 you realy call it an all new shock tower.
the graphite rear shock tower for all XXX-T's (LOSA-9822) has had a running change, with 8 ball-stud locations like the XXX-CR rear tower. It's not visible in this picture, but you can get them at your hobby shop if they've ordered this p/n in the last 3-4 months, i've been running one for a while.

Travis was testing a lot of stuff on his truck at the Rumble here in Denver about a month ago, i think it will be interesting to see what they end up with.
Team Associated / Reedy / AKA / Futaba / OS Engines / Byrons Fuel / www.steelescycle.com
Lars Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:52 AM   #36
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I was just reading a rcca october 2004 when they had the xxx-t mf2 vs t4 ft and the mf2 came out on top so if Losi can make a better truck than the mf2, it would be one hell of a truck

Drift_Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:07 AM   #37
Tech Rookie
Thumbs up

I come buy a XXXT CR and here in France there is very little of it. I am with research a setup for carpet ?
if you have that of available, I am taking.
thank you

nobru is offline   Reply With Quote