When will we see a XXXT-CR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will we see a XXXT-CR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Yeah I cant what when the xxx-t cr comes out (when every that would be). Hey there Aaron so is the truck still being tested out right know?
Old 02-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I actually tried the steeringrack and hubs, with the original trans. and I really though there was not much difference and my lap time were still the same. So right now you still can't beat a stock out-of-the-box MF2.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

losi09 - I can't pretend that I know how far along the project is. I know there are lots of people (privateers and team guys alike) trying combinations of new and old parts to see how they work.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Alberico
I actually tried the steeringrack and hubs, with the original trans. and I really though there was not much difference and my lap time were still the same. So right now you still can't beat a stock out-of-the-box MF2.

the mf2 is still a great truck, I added the rack and it helped, but other than that, I don't know what us "privateers" could do to make the truck better than what it already is.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been running the rack on my AD2 and MF1 "hybrid with cr parts" and I really like the way they drive.

As for the EA3 I would like to see the truck Graphite but thats my opinion.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

What is needed to convert a MF2 to a "CR?"

Im almost guessing the Gen II tranny would work best on a truck due to the lower CG. Would be cool to get the rear hubs to work with the rear end on there now.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by K_King
What is needed to convert a MF2 to a "CR?"

Im almost guessing the Gen II tranny would work best on a truck due to the lower CG. Would be cool to get the rear hubs to work with the rear end on there now.

don't do that - I tried that and the truck was weird, the cr hubs made the rear end wider, almost an 1/8 inch on each side.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Considering that we don't know what the XXX-T 'CR' will be, that's not an answerable question.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

speaking of the new ea3 stuff, I love it. Instread of breaking rear hubs, i have been breaking ball studs. It still sucks, but its pretty amazing that metal is breaking before plastic.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Some wrecks, broken parts are unavoidable (haha). A ballstud that is threaded in tightly will hold up better than if it's loose...but it won't prevent every broken stud.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

o.s. power: I have the rear hubs on my MF2 along with the rack and I have to agree that the truck is definitely pushy wierd. I never noticed the width difference so thank you for pointing that out. What I did was use the Gen1 rear axle spacers (the 'top hat' looking thing that goes behind the wheel pin ) and then just shimmed it to the width of the stock MF2. I'll let you know how it works this weekend but the width is now the same as stock so hopefully it'll be just as good but more adjustable.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

exactly what I felt, it kinda turned and then it didn't, I took them off after 2 runs it was that bad.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Anyone heard anything?
I want to get this truck Could it be becuase they still have to many MF2's lying around? Or they were more concerned about getting the 8-T out?

Cheers
Old 03-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
Anyone heard anything?
I want to get this truck Could it be becuase they still have to many MF2's lying around? Or they were more concerned about getting the 8-T out?

Cheers
I think its because what may work on a buggy may not work on the truck, hence why the rack isn't used by the team drivers. If you think about it the main changes on the CR are the towers, hubs, tranny and steering. The front tower doesnt apply to the truck, the rear tower is out, and most dont like the hubs or steering. So then you have just the rear tower and EA3. not really worth releasing over a whole new truck.

That's not to say they won't get the new CR rear end to work on a truck, but by most reports it doesn't seem to work nearly as well on the truck as it does on the buggy. Same for the rack.

I read somewhere that a guy asked Drake what he could do to his truck as far a setup, and the first thing he said was ditch the rack on the steering.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

It is like trying to re-invent the wheel. Once you have 3 differant composites to choose from, a bunch of differant adjustments that can be made and a million ways to adjust them you will be hard pressed to find a way to improve it. Personaly I think losi needs to just balls up and say that a mixture of parts w/ differant composites is the best car for differant situations. The touring car market hasn't had a problem w/ saling differant parts for differant surfaces. For example: The anti squat needs to differ from high and low traction tracks. If you run on a smooth track you should run the graphite rear shock tower. If you run on a rutted track you should run the plastic rtr shock tower, it will give a little when you bottom out and help to absorb the impact if your car bottoms out on an uneven surface and travels past a point which will break the car. When you run the graphite tower nothing gives when this happens so something typicaly breaks. After a night of 100 cars bottoming out in the same spot a rut will eventualy form. The cr steering rack will all depend on driving style. If you want an aggresive car then use the rack, if you don't want an aggresive style then use the standard rack. Running these differant parts are just like running differant basic set up adjustments.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.