Community
Wiki Posts
Search

idle screw!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

idle screw!

about two weeks ago i lost my idle stop screw due to loosining it too much and having it vibrate out. I finally got the new screw. Part #'s match but the threads wont even start when i try to screw it in. Please Help
Old 01-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

hello anyone? need help here. thanx
Old 01-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Suspended

unfortunately it saound as though the threads may have been stripped and this is why you lost the first one. even unscrewing it alot, with the spring on it, it should not vibrate out. so that leads me to believe that the threads are stripped. so to check try putting it in without the spring so there is no resistance and if it still doesn't go, well your going to need a new carburator body to fix it. then strip down your old carb and put all the internals into the new one.

let us know.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

i dont think the threads are striped i think the wont start because of this spring how do i remove the spring because i can see it in the hole when i shine a flash light and i looks like a peice of metal is blocking the screw form getting to thee threads i have a .27 super tiger engine just to let you know.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Suspended

well what motor you have doesn't matter. however if your seeing a peice of anything in there that is blocking it thats your problem. but if your turn the spring in your hand and hold the screw so it doesn't turn it should thread off so you could then thread the idle screw in. just to see of the threads are ok. you must use the spring otherwise the vibration during it running will move your idle screw, thus messing up your tuning of the motor. if you have some motor spray or starting fluid, which is and has been what i use for six years to clean all my cars, electric or nitro, anyways use it to spray out your carb area and thus the metal you see in the threads. but when you do this it will move that metal inside of the carb and then the motor. so it would be best to remove the carb from the motor to do this.

if you look around your motor where the carb fits in it, you wil see a nut that crimps the carb into the motor. this nut will be between the carb and the cyclinder head. loosen it but not all the way off. then wiggle your carb until it slips out of the motor. now then you can spray it out with wd-40, motor spray, or starting fluid as these three products will not hurt anything. then once you se any debris is gone, try to thread the new idle screw in. if at this point you still have trouble you will need a new carb body.

try this and see if it helps you. and if not let me know and we'll go to another fix.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

FIXED! it turned out not to be the idle screw it was the screw that holda on tha carb. man am i a dumbass. but then i took it out for the first time in two weeks and the steering arm nuckle got stripped because the servo had too much torque
Old 01-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Suspended

well at least one thing is fixed.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeah i got a full 3/4 of a tank out of it. do you know where i can get a new one in metal?? for a duratrax raze?
Old 01-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Suspended

not sure what your refering to in a knuckle. are talking of the servo horn it self, dynamite make so alum. ones. if your talking about the steering block where your axle is, you probably wont find one. but if you find one for a losi truck it will fit also, for that i would look to racers edge or trinity. when i had my losi's i never remeber seeing one. there are some things you want plastic so it doesn't break more expensive parts.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

its the servo horn couldnt find the name until i looked for the part # and it said servo horn.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Suspended

dynamite makes those for alot of different servo brands. make sure you get the right one. there are three different spline counts in all the servos out there. 23,24,25 count so it is important to get the right one. and make you have the right screw in there. motor screws are the right threads and it is an allen drive generally so you can get it tight like it needs. also use a lock washer on it so it doesn't vibrate loose.

personally though i use the plastic servo horns. thats just me though, i want it to break before it gets my servo motor, that in case if the servo saver is not adjusted right. that horn is way chaepier than a new servo.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

very good point ill go wiht a plastic one good advice.