R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Stronger 1/10 4WD Buggy Wing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/145821-stronger-1-10-4wd-buggy-wing.html)

pserve 01-21-2007 06:51 PM

Stronger 1/10 4WD Buggy Wing

Looking to replace the stock lexan wing on my XXX-4 with something stronger. I seem to be pretty hard on them and have wrecked a few already. I got a molded plastic one by Hot Racing over the weekend, and snapped a piece of it off on only my second run. I still think it'll hold up a bit longer than the lexan ones, but I'm still looking. Someone at the track today told me that the Academy SB wing is made of better material and would work well. Can anyone comment on that and give me a part #? Thanks!

BayArea101 01-21-2007 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by pserve
Looking to replace the stock lexan wing on my XXX-4 with something stronger. I seem to be pretty hard on them and have wrecked a few already. I got a molded plastic one by Hot Racing over the weekend, and snapped a piece of it off on only my second run. I still think it'll hold up a bit longer than the lexan ones, but I'm still looking. Someone at the track today told me that the Academy SB wing is made of better material and would work well. Can anyone comment on that and give me a part #? Thanks!

Can't comment on the wing in particular but I know that their buggy's are def. the strongest. Part #ACDSB007

BuggyKing 01-21-2007 07:10 PM

When you cut it out just leave areas were you can make it stronger. And the less you crash the longer the wing will last.

BayArea101 01-21-2007 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by XXXCRRacer
When you cut it out just leave areas were you can make it stronger. And the less you crash the longer the wing will last.

Care to explain more... confused=me :blush:

Drift_Buggy 01-22-2007 12:11 AM

Is it possible to make plastic one out of the 1/8 buggy wings?

Cheers

PHIL700XCSP 01-22-2007 09:24 PM

Try a bj4 we 6" high downforce wing.They are alot thicker lexan and hold up alot better.It has worked well on my xxx-4. :)

Chris Peterson 01-23-2007 06:52 AM

The part number for the academy wing is: 98SB 007
I have this wing and have absolutely beat it to death. You can also dye it with Rit clothing dye to match any scheme

Cain 01-23-2007 08:44 AM

The academy wing is probably your best bet durability wise. It does weight more but I haven't heard of any of the wings failing. Its just that heavy duty. Few tugs here and there and it usually goes back into shape.

Makes a nice pogo stick on the vehicle too! :lol:

pserve 01-23-2007 08:48 AM

Terrific! Thanks everybody. :)

PerformanceRC 01-23-2007 03:57 PM

The SB plastic wing is very tuff.

I have lots of them in stock.

coryip 01-24-2007 04:12 AM

Kyosho makes a plastic wing but i am not sure what it was intended for. I picked one up at the local shop for my lazer and it was a perfect fit same size as stock, they come in blue, yellow, or white.

jsmax 01-24-2007 05:47 AM

When you get a new wing, after it is painted cover it with drywall tape (the mesh looking stuff) and shoo goo on the bottom and corners. It makes it a lot more durable and stiffens it up a bit so it has better downforce.

Drift_Buggy 01-24-2007 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by coryip
Kyosho makes a plastic wing but i am not sure what it was intended for. I picked one up at the local shop for my lazer and it was a perfect fit same size as stock, they come in blue, yellow, or white.

Do you have the part number?
And what about a pic?

Cheers

foolio 01-24-2007 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
Do you have the part number?
And what about a pic?

Cheers

2nd that...

coryip 01-24-2007 03:26 PM

I can get a part # on saturday at the track, i had them order me another one.