R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #1
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Werk B7 Team Line

A lot of guys in my area have been swearing by the new Werks B7 Team Line engines. I have been a long time P5 fan, but with multiple reports of bearing failures in Novarossi products I am thinking about giving another engine a try. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with the B7? How are they to tune, how is the engine life, what pipes work the best? Any other insight you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

rccars4scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

the 2013 pipe combo works awesome part # wrx 6658 i have driven a friends team b7 and this combo car has RIP like a crf 450 you wont be disapointed cared for you should get lots of life out of it havent heard of any bad bearings either power pulls through entire power band
KEITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:58 PM   #3
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

bearing failure in Novarossis? dont believe it.
mach51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:20 AM   #4
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've owned 2 P5's, 2 P5X's, a 21Plus5. The last two I bought the bearings failed. I bought a TLB7 and thinks it's waaaay better. You'll be very impressed and it's cheaper to. It's go more top end and a smooth bottom so it's easy to handle the power not like some other motors that the power is too much too fast which makes it hard to control. Unless your a pro.
DRKWNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

what are the tuning characteristics of the B7's? I have heard that sirio based engines are a little more difficult to tune that nova's.
rccars4scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #6
Tech Initiate
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Teamline B7s ROCK!

It's a little different to tune than Nova based engines. The thing with the B7 is that you must get it up to full operating temparatures before trying to tune for power. A whole bunch of us up here in Canada run the TLB7 and we run them with cold plugs like ODO99, MC#9, NR#5 etc. And we found that we must fully saturate the engine and chassis with heat befoe trying to tune. If you try and lean it before it gets up to full temp, the engine will lean out when it warms up and get really hot. Whereas with Nova based engines you can just start 'em up on the 'box let 'em warm up a little bit and tweak the needles until it screams then get the last 5% on the track.

When starting from cold, it should stall a couple of times because it's running a bit rich. Warm it up really well on the starter box to help get through this stage. Get it out on the track and run it for a couplafew laps. You'll notice it start to get faster as it heats up and burns more fuel. If engine still runs rich, lean 'er out one hour and run a couple of more laps. Go in 1-hour increments.

Anyways, run cold plugs, run it rich when cold, and let it get up to full temp on the track before turning any screws. Once you get used to running the Teamline you'll love it as I and many others around here do! People who run V-Specs would also love this engine. Same kind of engine. And the B3 is no slouch either! People give them no respect until they see one run!

You won't regret buying a Teamline B7! They're awesome!

speed metal
speed metal is offline   Reply With Quote