Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Spektrum and 2.4 wireless routers >

Spektrum and 2.4 wireless routers

Spektrum and 2.4 wireless routers

Old 01-17-2007, 02:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default Spektrum and 2.4 wireless routers

I have a Spektrum DX radios (3 and 3.0). When I have set up my cars and trucks in the basement I have had glitches where the steering is twitching uncontrollably- and the throttle servo goes wild if it is nitro. If I turn off the wireless router on the first floor directly above my work bench, I have no problems.

Has any one else had this problem?
Old 01-17-2007, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Well, the wireless router and DSM work on the same frequency. I would not worry because you found what was causing the interference.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCengineer
I have a Spektrum DX radios (3 and 3.0). When I have set up my cars and trucks in the basement I have had glitches where the steering is twitching uncontrollably- and the throttle servo goes wild if it is nitro. If I turn off the wireless router on the first floor directly above my work bench, I have no problems.

Has any one else had this problem?
Is this you Aaron?

Odd you noticed this.. I have VoIP (Vonage) and noticed latley my 2.4 Ghz cordless phone has been dropping calls. And I have tied in the issues with my 2.4 Ghz wireless network as well. When I would get close to the wireless router with the cordless phone the phone would get static. When I started noticing this I was wondering about issues you were having.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have a wireless router in my "hobby" room and I've never had a single issue. From what I know about how the Spektrum system works,it would be damn-near impossible for a properly functioning receiver to do that...they're designed to ignore signals that aren't "imprinted" with the RFID signature from the radio and they can deal with losing most of the packets to interference. Even if they did lose all the packets, they just sit and wait for the radio.

You should try another one and/or send it back to Spektrum
Old 01-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Now that I have found the problem it is not an issue; however, I am wondering if this is an isolated issue.

I am inagreement wiht Turbo Joe that there should not be any interferance. But could a wireless router "try" to get into my reciever? I have had this problem with 3 different radios. May be this is a problem with just my house. I don't know, but would like to hear from anyone else that has/ has not seen this problem.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

I talked to Horizon Hobbies today and it appears that the router, due to its position directly above my hobby area, is "drowning out" the transmitter and the receivers. I don’t have a problem in my back yard or driveway.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

I have a wireless router next to my room I don't see any interfearance. However I found another problem with spektrum. I was brining my Sirius Satellite radio boombox to races. As soon as a spektrum radio is turned on the radio totally looses the satellite signal. Sucks cause that was the main reason I bought the boombox. Now I find out it is virtually usless at races cause it seems someone always has a radio on.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxxwalla
I have a wireless router next to my room I don't see any interfearance. However I found another problem with spektrum. I was brining my Sirius Satellite radio boombox to races. As soon as a spektrum radio is turned on the radio totally looses the satellite signal. Sucks cause that was the main reason I bought the boombox. Now I find out it is virtually usless at races cause it seems someone always has a radio on.
that is good to know... I was going to get a boombox this spring for the outdoor season. That sucks because I am always listening to Sirius, and now with them having all the NASCAR races I was looking forward to it.