The Nitro off road bug has bitten me!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Nitro off road bug has bitten me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Default The Nitro off road bug has bitten me!

Short time guest, first time poster here.

Over the years I've had your basic radio shack r/c cars. Me and some friends have been looking into getting Nitro cars for a change.

After looking around I have developed a preference to the 4wd monster truck. I think 4wd would probably be easier to control for a first timer like me.

Im stuck on two choices.

Either the Traxxas Revo, or the Losi Aftershock.

Revo http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Trax..._p/tra5310.htm

Aftershock http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Team...p/losb0012.htm

Can anyone shed any light on which of these would be the better of the choice besides price?

Thank You.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

im new to rc nitro to (for the most part) had radioshack stuff and i got a buggy for christmas. ive learned alot from other forums. and personally and from other knowledge the revo is definetly the way to go more support (parts and info wise) also in my opinion a better overal truck
Old 01-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Get the Revo
Old 01-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

2nd the revo.

kyle
Old 01-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I would go the REVO over the Aftershock but would go the LST over the REVO

Cheers
Old 01-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

have you ever looked into a buggy or a truggy? there cool to all depends on what you want out of your r/c. trucks generally flip alot but can take big jumps and are fun to do wheelies with and go in the mud (if you electrics are sealed). buggy and truggys are faster and take corners better but not good in mud and you can't go off as big or jups without bottoming out.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:30 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd go with the Revo. You may want to be more competitive in your racing later on, but in the end the Revo is just a lot of fun to play with. If people race MT's in your area all the better, but the Revo is a blast just to tear up a construction lot with.

I've bashed with some people with LST's, Savage's, and that the big Tamiya one (can't remember the name..) and I like the Revo best.

The way the Revo's suspension is so reactive is a lot of fun to watch, and it doesn't tend to traction roll as much in stock form.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Rookie

I liked the Aftershock better, but people kept talking about the 2 speed breaking on them a lot, So I switched to liking the revo better.
The only thing about the Revo is the controller looks like crap, where the Aftershocks' looks better.

A few people have recommended the Savage over the Revo. I've seen the savage, the body looks nice, but i don't know a whole lot about how it compares to the Revo.

Feel free to post your suggestions, and even places that price r/c trucks cheaper than the site I posted.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Revo, hands down. It is a great race truck as well as a great bashing truck. Also, it is pretty easy to tune, start, and maintain which makes it ideal for a first truck. Also, with the aftershock being a big block enginer (.26) it will make it a little harder to maintain the tune.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

get a muggy

better yet......your in tampa for crying out loud.....go to the losi race. it's THIS MONTH....in about 2 weeks i think. it's one of THE biggest races all year.....and it's right there in your back yard. it used to be mostly an electric event, but this year, it's totally nitro. if you and your friends want to get nitro fever, that's the place to do it.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Yup, we were just there a few days ago. Think it's either this week coming up or the next for about 4-5 days straight. A local event sponser said they were having people traveling here as far as Europe and Japan. I've never been so, I'm looking forward to it!! Someone call in sick and make a roadtrip down here.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Yup, we were just there a few days ago. Think it's either this week coming up or the next for about 4-5 days straight. A local event sponser said they were having people traveling here as far as Europe and Japan. I've never been so, I'm looking forward to it!! Someone call in sick and make a roadtrip down here.

Woops, double post.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

i would get the revo....
Old 01-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

If you plan to bash/play both the revo and the LST are great. If you are going to race, get a truggy or buggy. Monster trucks are 2-3 times more complicated. Buggies and truggies make more sense for racing.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

look at this http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=144475 nice truck cheap price you just need a reciever and transmitter wich for a cheap setup will run about $100 maybe less

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.