Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Nitro off road bug has bitten me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Me personally I liked the feel of the LST over that of the Revo when I got to drive both. It just felt more planted but the Revo I was driving was the pre- 3.3 edition so keep that in mind. If you really are bashing around, I really liked the LST especially with that low / high gear selection thing and the electronics other than the throttle servo are first rate.

Also, Losi's are pretty much cake to get parts for as they are one of the top two (associated the other).

I personally picked up a truggy after I sold my LST and used it for bashing mainly and had a great time. Handling of a buggy but MT capability with those bigger wheels and all. Was fun. Also, was easier to get around the track too.

Last edited by Cain; 01-14-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsmax
Revo, hands down. It is a great race truck as well as a great bashing truck. Also, it is pretty easy to tune, start, and maintain which makes it ideal for a first truck. Also, with the aftershock being a big block enginer (.26) it will make it a little harder to maintain the tune.
Further from the truth. The Traxxas line of engines are a pita ( read the posts on here and ask anybody that's ever owned one)

And because an engine is a big block doesnt make it harder to tune. The Mach line of engines Losi uses are some of the best rtr engines around AND they put out a boat load of power for short cash.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

go 1/8 buggy or truggy!
Old 01-14-2007, 11:41 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayeddy
The Mach line of engines Losi uses are some of the best rtr engines around AND they put out a boat load of power for short cash.
That's a good point that I didn't consider when I suggested the Revo. I sort of hated my Revo when it had the TRX 2.5R engine. I hear the 3.3 is much easier to tune, but compared to a OS 18TM it's a pile of garbage. The Losi engine is much better for a RTR or a person's first nitro engine. Trying to learn how to tune a nitro engine was a real headache when learning with the TRX. Once I got the OS I realized it was more the engine than me being a moron.

So based on that I take it back, if your a total newb and you will be learning with this vehicle I would suggest the Aftershock, LST2, or Muggy if you've got the cash. If you've got some experience with R/C nitro I'd suggest buying a good solid used Revo roller and a OS 18TM.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd say, get a Hyper 8 Truggy, or Buggy...

If you absolutely have a MT, I'd say REVO...

Get what you want though. Just know that it won't be your last RC rig... Their like Lay's Potatoe Chips...

Old 01-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rabidsquirrel
I'd say, get a Hyper 8 Truggy, or Buggy...

If you absolutely have a MT, I'd say REVO...

Get what you want though. Just know that it won't be your last RC rig... Their like Lay's Potatoe Chips...

ha great analogy lmao
Old 01-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Go with Losi products. Best on the market.

The two speed has been indestructible in my LST2 so no worries.