R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-12-2007, 09:06 AM   #16
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Not trying to slam anyone here, but if everybody is that worried about rubber recycling start with driving down your local freeway and picking up the blown off retreads that the truckers leave in the road. Thats a direct link to rubber in landfills. I see at least one overy 10 miles or so.
Don't sweat the petty things...........Pet the sweaty things!!

Serpent America
Lunsford Racing
RCBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:26 AM   #17
Tech Addict

I think Rocket42 is on the right track as far as where this thread needs to go. It should be about how we the consumer can devise ways to lengthen the products lives in our hands. It is a challenge like racing is a challenge. The most creative and talented individual will win.
Proline does not want them back, so use them in a more intelligent manner. Parts are expensive and wasteful when they break, so figure out a way to break them less. It may be your driving or it may be the design or construction of the track you are running on.
And to anyone who wants to post negative nonconstructive comments laced with politically biased insults. Note that no one has bothered to point out the obvious fact that you are an ignorent redneck that thinks a fun Friday nite is to go out with your equally ignorant trucker hat and wife beater t-shirt wearing buddies and stomp minorities 'cuz they da ones screwin' up America.
mfishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #18
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just want to ask, how did this in up in this forum? Seems like a lobby, or just a random topic. I am sure you could recycle your tires, I know when I worked at a service station we would take peoples tires for $5.00 a piece to recycle, and it cost us like $3.00 per tire for them to be recycled. FWIW, I bought my crimefighters and bowites in august of 2005 adn am still using them with plenty of tread, (monster truck), and am still using the same tires on my electric trucks and buggies that I got when i got them.
gatermaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:10 PM   #19

even with your regular passenger car tires when they are recycled it only used to produce the rubberized that alot of roads are being overlayed with to reduce road noise. there wouldn't be much more use than that for the r/c tires plus they wouldnt yeild enough of anything to utilize for much either. also there are a good number of tire companies that use synthetics to produce their tires. so to that point what are you recycling? the top companies do use some amount of rubber but nearly as much as think they are.

save a marriage and sleep with an unhappy wife
wingnutracing28 is offline   Reply With Quote