Trinity DPD Issue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity DPD Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Both still do it. No response from e-mails to Trinity. Very disappointed in product and customer service. Oh well, there are many more companies that make similar products and have exceptional customer service that will get my money (Much More!).
Old 01-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Yes they never answered mine as well. Instead I purchased the Much More discharger, and it works flawelessy. Its very nice.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have just got one and i am having the same problems too,
if you flip the pack over it, it seems fix it and away it goes,
Odd
Old 06-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just a quick follow up on this thread, I had this problem happen to me the other week, and it turned out if you leave the cells for a week, and one cells drops below a certain voltage the unit can't seem to recognise there is a pack in the tray, and asks you to connect the battery.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I got rid of my DPD for the same reason....It would never read the pack in the tray. I got so annoyed with it saying that there was an error that I boxed it up and shipped it off. New cells, old cells, didn't matter. I would even use a dremel sanding drum on the solder joints before putting it in the tray. 7 out of 10 times it could not read them. Spent a little more money, bought a Much More Discharger, problem solved. Funny though how they were always recognized on my Smart Tray but rarely on the DPD.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

^^^ you got rid of a perfectly good working DPD.

the DPD determines the number of cells in the pack by discharging for a millisecond, thats why it shows the IR at startup. If you have a cell which is very very low on voltage or zero voltage, then it thinks that there is no cell in that position. (which isnt a good thing for the IB cells anyway)

therefore you need at least a little bit of charge in the packs for the DPD to recognise that there is a cell there.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

^^^No way man. I had one that did it and have seen NUMEROUS ones do the same thing. None of us could get them to work consistantly...especially saddle packs.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I've had problems with my DPD not reading batteries every once in a while, but I just wipe some motor spray on the battery contacts and that usually fixes the problem. If it doesn't, I throw the pack on the charger for a couple minutes and then the DPD will recognize the battery. Other than that, I'm very happy with my DPD and it's one of those rare RC purchases where I feel like I got my money's worth.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leodis
Other than that, I'm very happy with my DPD and it's one of those rare RC purchases where I feel like I got my money's worth.
i hate to say it guys, but i agree with Leodis totally.
and i use it to discharge both saddle and ladder packs.
occassionally it fails to detect the pack, but shifting the packs around the pin always seem to solve it.