Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
.21 Starter Slipping. Help!! >

.21 Starter Slipping. Help!!

.21 Starter Slipping. Help!!

Old 01-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default .21 Starter Slipping. Help!!

Its on an AE MGT, but I figure this can happen to any similar engine, so I put it here. Hope thats ok.
The Pull Start was messed up when I got it, but it has a Drill Start Adaptor. Buuuuuut, after just a few minutes of playing around in a parking lot, it slid around and stalled. We just picked it up and started running some electrics. Maybe 15 minutes later, went to start the MGT, I put the drill in and it seemed to turn over once or twice before it seemed to just "slip".
If I turn it SLOW (too slow to start it), it will turn and you can hear/feel the "bump-bump" of compression, until I speed up. Can the "one way clutch set - part # 25329" get too dirty to work properly? Seems like I read somewhere that they will slip if they get too dirty. If you know anything about this, how do/would you clean it?
Old 01-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default Fixed

FIXED!!! But would still like to hear other stories/remedies/cleaning routines.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

ur one way bearing has oil and stuff on it. tkae the pullstart assembly off then take the back plate off. seal up the back plate and put the pull start back on and that should be ok.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Default well

Ok, the cleaning only works for a single run. Even if I just run a couple minutes, I have to clean the bearing again to start it back up. Am I not cleaning it good enough (CRC 'Lectra Motive Spray), or do I just need a new bearing? I only ask because I figured if the bearing went bad, it wouldnt work no matter what.