Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
XXX-CR Suspension >

XXX-CR Suspension

XXX-CR Suspension

Old 01-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default XXX-CR Suspension

So what does everyone think of the xxx-cr stock suspension? Do you get good clearance over jumps or does it hit like a rock or smooth?
Old 01-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Our local indoor track (BIG 140x60 or so) runs both Nitro and Electric...

When the track is more of an "electric" style, the kit setup works OK, but you still want to "downside" combination jumps, as landing "flat" produces heavy chassis slap...

When the track is more of a "nitro" style (with bigger jumps for the truggy's, etc.) I mostly just go heavier on oil. Right now it's a "nitro" track and the bigger jumps have me running with 30wt in front (with 1 full turn more preload on the shocks from stock ride height) and 32.5 wt in rear (with 2-3 more full turns of preload on the shocks from stock ride height) to handle the big air landings. Chassis still very balanced with this setup, just jumps a lot better.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Rookie

I think its crap for our tracks in Oz anyway. I changed it straight away to my set up of my bk2 hybird. It was so much better and even better than my old bk2 which had a lot of r&d time on it.
As for the cr its better and the changes made sense as my old buggy was almost there couldnt get a standard chassis though.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Initiate

I might just put some thick oil in there at first and see what it feels like. I just hate hearing the chassis slap on the ground...
Old 01-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yes the CR has great suspension. I ran on most tracks in front Green Springs with Black 57 pistons and 25 shock oil. In the Rear I ran Pink springs with 5-5-6 drilled piston originally a 56 red piston and 27.5 shock oil. You will generally run the A or B hole in the rear hub. I never ran C hole in the hub.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

I wouldn't get too concerned with the car bottoming out...all cars do/will on the face of jumps and landings and there is nothing realistic you can do about it without off-setting the car's turn handling capabilities. Most of why cars jump poorly are either driver error/bad jumps and/or what the car does after it has bottomed out....not the fact that it bottoms out. If you land on flat ground good (chassis is parallel to the ground) and the car bottoms out and then shoots back up off the ground rebounding at usually a sign that the shock package if over sprung/under damped. The same thing happens on the face of the jump also, not all of the time but sometimes depending on the car's rate of speed and the jump's angle for whether it keeps the chassis in contact with the jump face or the chassis loses contact prior to the tires losing contact.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

This is good advise that Slobbatech gave. If you want to change the setup I would suggest setting the car up with Jesse Robbers recommended setup from the start. This is a good handling and balanced setup that is miles better than the stock box setup. It is available at LosiBK2.com under Jesse's thread.