Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MOTOR HELPP!!!!!!!! TRINITY D6 10X2 FLAT WIRE

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default MOTOR HELPP!!!!!!!! TRINITY D6 10X2 FLAT WIRE

hi guys i have a brand new trinity d6 10X2 flat wire, i was using this motor for the first time and after a few runs my brushes got pitted and then i just cleaned it and put it back and then it was ok but it was showing some wear and my motor was not reaching its top rpm but the torque was ok then a few more runs later the brushes were out especially the positive side the only way the motor would run is if i pushed on the positive side brush with a screw driver, is this normal? what could be the problem, somebody told me that i could be off timing but i dont know if thats the only problem, im also currently having the same problem with another modified motor. thanks guys and happy new year!
Old 12-31-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would check the following.

1. Check the end of the spring where it touches the brush to see if it is hitting the brush hood, and getting hung up, therefore not putting any pressure on the brush. Just clip a little off of the end of the spring.

2. Remove the brush spring and slide the brush in and out. Does it move freely all the way in and out? Look for any burrs in the hood.

3. Pull the motor part and cut the comm. I've seen a couple so far out of round that the brushes bounced like crazy unless you pushed on them.

Good luck.

JC
Old 12-31-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Two things .first you probably have dirt in the brush hoods. Were you running outside or on dusty track? second those d6's are only good for a few runs in a truck or 4wheeler. Cut it and put new brushes in.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

ya well i was just testing this motor on the streets and with my new gtx esc before i took it to my local track, i also noticed that the endball seemed to get a bit hot very quickly, i think there is something in there causing to much friction. but i took everything apart and it was all ok, and i cleaned the whole thing, except my comm was a bit uneven but i will cut it pretty soon but i hope that solves my problem of fast brush wear and reaching my top rpm. but the thing is the brushes and motor were new to begin with. do u guys think timing has anything to do with it? thanks guys
Old 01-01-2007, 02:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey guys is it also ok if i solider the brush wires directly to the positive and negative motor wires
Old 01-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ae13291
hey guys is it also ok if i solider the brush wires directly to the positive and negative motor wires
look at this picture, and you can see how it should be done.
Attached Thumbnails MOTOR HELPP!!!!!!!! TRINITY D6 10X2  FLAT WIRE-johnspicts-003.jpg