Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
losi MF2 or AE T4? which is better and who has a used one? >

losi MF2 or AE T4? which is better and who has a used one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

losi MF2 or AE T4? which is better and who has a used one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default losi MF2 or AE T4? which is better and who has a used one?

should i get the losi MF2 or the AE T4? im looking to get one to replace my old kyosho. love my truck, but cant get anythig nfor it now. which one do yall think will be good for bashing and racing. and im gonna be putting my mamba max into it, so i need a strong tranny. and if anyone has one that they are trying to sell, im game for it. ill work out what i can and try to get it from you around the beggining of the year. not untill after christmas though. mid january probly. thanks yall.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the mf2 is the absolute best truck to get. There is absolutley no reason you should consider the associated truck. The t4 shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as the mf2, that is how far apart these 2 truck are. Clearly the t4 should only be considered if you are going to make a video of you running it over with your real car and posting it on youtube.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by o.s. power
the mf2 is the absolute best truck to get. There is absolutley no reason you should consider the associated truck. The t4 shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as the mf2, that is how far apart these 2 truck are. Clearly the t4 should only be considered if you are going to make a video of you running it over with your real car and posting it on youtube.
wow you dont know anything. both trucks are exceptionally good. each has their weakness. the t4 steers like no other but the mf2 has lots of traction. please dont take o.s. power seriously. i recommend the T4 but thats because i only run AE. it really depends on your driving style. people have had problems with the Gen2 tranny but you can put the CR tranny and pivot block on along with rear hubs to make a "cr" truck.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Ok i run the MF2 and its great. So much rear grip. But they lack a little steering, thats why you see alot of people put the XXX - CR Steering ackerman on the MF2 for more steering. Ive seen the T4's go and they seem very good and equally as fast, more steering.

Not having run the T4 i still have driven all the Brands of 1/10 Gas Truck. THe GT2 is equal to the T4 but with a gas engine and the AD2 is similiar to the MF2. I have driven both AD2 and GT2 and the GT2 is exceptionally better. So much rear end bite and punch over jumps, more steering. Just a better truck all round.

Goodluck with your choice.
JK
Old 12-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ive owned several of each since they both came out. Both trucks are good and will serve anyone fine. The T4 is set it and forget it, almost one setup any track and run. Mf2 needs some tinckering and tuning. I run AE stuff not because everyone else does or thats what wins most but because i put it on the track and its dialed end of story. os power is just starting a flame war.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

ill agree with the statements already.. ive ran both trucks and the t4 just felt better for how i drive overall..

now i need to get back out and run this thing some more but 12th scale is addicting
Old 12-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Associated T4 - Awesome truck.
Losi MF2 - Awesome truck.

Doesn't seem to me you can go wrong with either. Which can you get parts for the easiest?
Old 12-24-2006, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Where i am, Losi is easiest for parts.

JK
Old 12-25-2006, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thats awsome man. Most creative responsive I've seen to one of these threads in a long time!
Old 12-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
wow you dont know anything. both trucks are exceptionally good. each has their weakness. the t4 steers like no other but the mf2 has lots of traction. please dont take o.s. power seriously. i recommend the T4 but thats because i only run AE. it really depends on your driving style. people have had problems with the Gen2 tranny but you can put the CR tranny and pivot block on along with rear hubs to make a "cr" truck.

it was a joke, how many times have you seen this type of thread?

As everybody knows, you can't go wrong with either truck, it all depends on your driving style and how many people you know to help you with the setup. You can't say parts support is a factor because both companies are american and everything is made here, no need for importers or anything like that.

Obviously, I do own a mf2, and love it. I have never driven the t4, and don't really care to at this point, not because I think it is no good, but I see no reason to try something different when the truck I have gets me into the a main all the time. Besides, I have a ton of shock stuff for losi, none for AE, tell me you want to carry around 2 types of shock crap?
Old 12-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Besides, I have a ton of shock stuff for losi, none for AE, tell me you want to carry around 2 types of shock crap?
Ahahaha!! Exactly why I don't flip flop back and forth from ae to losi like so many do. I had a MF but sold it quickly just b/c everything I have is ae, and I'm so used to ae shocks. I'm on my second xx4 now and figure I'll actually give this one a good effort this time. It really just feels weird buying losi parts when I'm so used to buying associated stuff. I wish tower carried losi stuff as their website is so simple, fast and friendly.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:48 PM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

I have owned/raced both....I was a diehard Associated guy for years, and wouldn't of considered owning a Losi till recently. I now own my first Losi (MF2), and it's good. Different, but good.
In my opinion, these guys are right...both are awesome trucks, period. But they are different! The T4 is typically loose, and is very fast if you can drive it (see most magazine race coverage). The MF2 usually pushes, and is very fast as well, it you can set it up....and drive it.
Someone said that the T4 was more of constant set-up, and I agree with that wholeheartedly, but, if you can hit the set-up with the MF2...it's awesome, and probably a more forgiving truck too.
I think that parts are typically cheaper for the T4, and I like the tranny and diff much better too, but the shocks on the MF2 are ten times better as far as maintenance goes!

I would say that you should make the deciding factors:

1)Which one can you get the best deal on
2)Which one can you get parts for the easiest (you said the Losi)
3)Which one do YOU like best when you look at them
4)Do you have a friend that has either one of them? Cuz if you do, you want to get the other one so you can trash talk about the others "junk truck"...lol.

Just my opinion though, and you know what they say about opinions, right???

Good Luck!

Brad

Oh, and Jbrow....you are so right...Horizon's website is a nightmare to try and navigate through, compared to Tower's!!!!
Old 12-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I have owned both and prefer the MF2, but both trucks are good.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
The T4 is typically loose, and is very fast if you can drive it (see most magazine race coverage). The MF2 usually pushes, and is very fast as well, it you can set it up....and drive it.
Someone said that the T4 was more of constant set-up, and I agree with that wholeheartedly, but, if you can hit the set-up with the MF2...it's awesome, and probably a more forgiving truck too.
This is a common misconception. Both trucks can be setup to steer or have traction by someone who knows what they are doing. The MF2 might push out of the box but that is easily fixed. With some tuning the MF2 can turn as well as the T4. This is also true of the T4. It can be tuned to have more traction. I have spent considerable time with both trucks and they are a good match for each other. The Losi does have the edge in the durability dept though.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:23 PM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

No, no misconception really....it's true...Typically the T4 wants to oversteer, and typically, the MF2 wants to understeer.... Yes, both CAN be fixed, but it does take some serious adjusting at times...
And, I pretty much know what I am doing.....

And I would have to disagree with the durability statement as well thus far, but once again... it's just MY opinion.

I would still own either one with a smile on my face...

Last edited by WYLDTHING; 12-25-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.