Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
XTM X-Cellerator electric RTR. good or bad? >

XTM X-Cellerator electric RTR. good or bad?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XTM X-Cellerator electric RTR. good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default XTM X-Cellerator electric RTR. good or bad?

im tring to find a cheap rtr for a friend that wants to bash around and get into racing. i just have a few questions about the car so if you have owned this car or know someone who does, please help me with my questoins. thanks!:

1. how would you rate the RTR motor? is it considered brushless?

2. is the esc good for a stock 27 turn motor?

3. radio system work fine?

4. Besides batteries and a charger, what might you need to make it go?

this is just an idea for a friend. i was thinking about finding a cheap xxx-t roller and adding some of my things for him but i want to find the cheapest way. thanks for the help.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:05 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Not a bad truck just to do what is described. Price on them is excellent. With a little work it would make a pretty good race truck (not as good as Associated and Losi but would be great for begginers up til advanced)

The truck don't have a brushless system. The speedo will be fine with stock motors. Radio is ok for messing around but it is one of Hitec lower end radios. It is missing some trims and adjustments that people use to race.

I race the gas version and do well. Alot of parts are the same on both trucks like the front shock towers, front arms, caster blocks, shocks, front bulkhead, rear hubs I'm sure of. Few more things might fit.

I post a pic of my race truck so you can see some of the optional blue alumium parts he can get. I also used Lunsford Titanium tie rods.

Old 12-31-2006, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

thanks for the info and nice truck! does lunsford make turnbuckles for the xtm x-cell?
Old 12-31-2006, 05:23 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by xxx-ntad2 racer
thanks for the info and nice truck! does lunsford make turnbuckles for the xtm x-cell?
I used ones for a Associated Gt (depends on what ball ends you use) but you can just measure your existing turnbuckles and then have your shop order the Lundsford ones closest to your size. They sell turnbuckles in 2 packs in many sizes.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

thx for the help!.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:18 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Not a problem. Overall the truck is pretty nice and I actually thought of buying one but we don't get any electric truck racers in this area. We mainly get mod electric buggy. If XTM made a decent electric buggy I would buy it just to mess around with and for some light racing.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

I currently race the electric version of the X-Cellerator (probably because I like running things that others don't consider "race worthy"), and in the time I've raced mine, it's been an ourstanding performer!

First off, the stock idler gear needs to be replaced with an idler from a T4 (it's a direct replacement), and the stock tires are not raceable, so a swap is needed there. The stock servo lasted about 2 weeks (I figured I'd run it till it went bad), so plan on upgrading that.

I've been racing the truck with 35W oil in the shocks, along with the stock springs. I love the fact that it uses Losi rims, because they're so much easier to glue tires onto.

I've won my fair share of A-Mains with the truck, and currently hold the stock truck record at the off-road track in Ft Dodge, IA using the X-Cellerator.

Compared to the Evader, Rustler, Sportworks Raven, etc, this truck blows them out of the water in regards to track ability, and it's the cheapest truck of the bunch. Why every hobby shop in the country doesn't carry this truck is beyond me.

It'll run with pretty much anything on the track with a few inexpensive mods, and only costs $129! If XTM would release a buggy version, I'd definitely be racing that as well!!

Here's a pic of my truck, along with one of my other toys!

Old 01-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

thanks for the reply! i'll show my friend this truck and see if he'll be interested.

but i got a couple of questions:

1. would the speed control be good for bashing? my friend isn't real close to any tracks but might get into racing.

2. are the parts good as far as how many times they can get hit without breaking? i know all parts break but are they any good?

last one
3. how would you rate the radio system?

thanks for the help!
Old 01-12-2007, 08:23 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by xxx-ntad2 racer
thanks for the reply! i'll show my friend this truck and see if he'll be interested.

but i got a couple of questions:

1. would the speed control be good for bashing? my friend isn't real close to any tracks but might get into racing.

2. are the parts good as far as how many times they can get hit without breaking? i know all parts break but are they any good?

last one
3. how would you rate the radio system?

thanks for the help!
Speedo should be fine for bashing. Parts are pretty durable but like you said they can break. Just depends how you hit. Good thing is parts are cheap. The radio is ok as it is a fairly lowend version from Hitec but it should be fine for this truck just to bash.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yup the truck is worth the money. I love it i just got mine a couple weeks back. And its still Stock First Real R/c and I love it. Very nice and fun truck to get. And also you cant beat the price
Old 01-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

thanks for the replys.