R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-27-2006, 10:53 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
Default Engine does not start

Just got the Trinity Next Truggy. I was into gassoline first and then I get this nitro. I've got the baja and I think gassoline engine is so much easier to start than nitro. I don't know if it is true but I was having a hard time started this truck for the first time. I didn't know how to prime fuel to the carb, then I dI finally got the engine to start but when It fired up the first time, I feel the engine running very very fast at idle. Does it mean that the low speed is set too lean? I thought the factory setting is always perfect for breaking in.

Ok, after 3 tanks of breaking in, the engine runs quite well until the 5th tank then my transmitter out of battery, did some high end jet tuning, the car runs very fast and smooth at high speed. but it bogged at acceleration for a half of a second from full stop. So I took it back to the house and get batteries charged and clean some dirt on the chassis. An hour later I went out and gave it another run. Started the engine, but the engine ran like crazy at idle. Don't know why, take it back to check, open up the engine, re-adjust everything, clean the carb, piston and sleeve and re-lube it. Tooke it out, gave it a start. It fired at first pull then shut off, after that it doesn't fire anymore. I removed the plug, feel like it's wet so I clean it. I thought that the engine's flooded so I turned the car upside down, pull a few short bursts to get the cylinder dry. I checked the plug, it's did glow red when made contact with glow starter. Put it back, the engine didn't start, it didn't sound like it even fire. I don't know what happen to it. I just keep trying but no hope.

Do any of you have any ideas what causes the problem.

iphong is offline   Reply With Quote