Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI vs Team Associated >

HPI vs Team Associated

HPI vs Team Associated

Old 03-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Tech Rookie

HPI vs Team Associated

I am new to the RC world and I am undecided if I should get the HPI Savage or the Team Associated 4x4. My fiance and brother both have the RC10GT. My brother's was great but my fiance's came straight out of the box with too many problems to list, and both trucks are RTR. I really dont want to risk buying another truck with tons of problems because of someone at the factory cant put do their job right. I mean $400+ is just way too much to waste money on. Please let me know, I could use some helpful tips on this. Thanks
Old 03-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default RC10

First thing is, the Rc10 (any of them) are 2 wheel drive, with exception of the monster GT (which aint out yet??) The rc10rtr+ is a good start, around 300$ and I have had very few problems with mine (besides the radio) (usually my fault anyways.)
Old 03-05-2003, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately, if you're in the market for a Nitro monster truck, they're all pre-built. I don't think any of the manufacturers build them as well as you would yourself (My RC10 GT had a few tight spots in the steering and suspension from where moulded parts hadn't been trimmed). You can always strip it down when you buy it...
Old 03-05-2003, 09:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

most all monsters are prebuilt or RTR. I believe the only monsters that aren't are some of he Ofna truggys like the dominator and monster pirate and the kyosho Mad force. If HPI came out with a savage kit, no electronics or engine I'd buy one but oh well I'll stick to my maxx based monsters that I build from scratch.