R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-25-2006, 01:43 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Well i will have to agree with sport10 on the durability issue. In owning my MF2 i have only stripped a spur do to improper mesh. And i don't have any spare parts that is the confidence i have in the losi. Yet i have not owned a T4, i have driven one of my racing buddies and it was quick if you can control it. Although he has broken numerous front arms, but that is pretty much it. My opinion is if you can control the AE then it will give faster laps. For consistancy get the losi and you will have .1-.2 slower laps but it will be easier to drive. Now keep in mind you need to keep ypur shocks and diff smooth and the losi may have a slight edge there. Either one will make a great car like everyone is saying. Just my .02

Team Associated - LRP - Reedy - Upgrade R/C - Byron's Fuel - Momentum R/C Racing Team
Hockey 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 03:08 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

I stand by what I said. The MF2 can be setup to turn just as well as the t4. My MF2 does not have even a hit of understeer no matter what condition the track is. It has a ton of steering both on power and off. It is all in the setup and tires. Everyone that I know that runs the T4 has a couple sets of spare front arms because they break easily. My MF2 is still running the original arms it came with front and rear.
Hot Bodies VE8 w/ RX8-1900 combo
Losi XXX-SCT CRC conversion MMP/hacker 13.5
Associated B44
Associated B6
Durango DESC410V2 Pro
sport10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 04:05 PM   #18
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the mf2 is extremely durable, one guy at our track bought his son a mf2 over a t4 just for that reason. I had one wreck where the bolt for the steering rack came out in the middle of the corner, the truck careened into the pipe at full meat, I thought I destroyed the front end, but all that was needed was a ball cup, bolt, and a re-alingment.
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #19
Tech Master

ive had my t4 for two years and only broken a handful of parts. 2 front arms, 1 steering knuckle, 1 rear arm, and 1 ball stud.

i borrowed a mf2 in a pinch at a local series race for my main and the car felt pretty damn good. it had a slight push but the track was very very tight, 17 sec lap times. on my t4 ive run the same setup pretty much anywhere with minor adjustments (camber link, oil, shock position).
Kyosho / Team Orion / AKA / JTP / Sharkbait Designworks / RC Tracks of Las Vegas
Chris Jarosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 08:23 PM   #20
Tech Elite
Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

well from what ive heard here, the AE is just as ncie as the MF2. and to me, that just means im paying more only for the name. and considering AE is easier o get parts for and cheaper, im going with the AE. thanks for all the tips and advice yall.
89% of Revos are racers. If your Revo can out-bash and out-run a Savage, put this in your sig.

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:10 PM   #21
Tech Rookie

way to go..
Mad Alli is offline   Reply With Quote