Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Will Saddle pack lipo fit in X-5? >

Will Saddle pack lipo fit in X-5?

Will Saddle pack lipo fit in X-5?

Old 01-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default Will Saddle pack lipo fit in X-5?

Hi, I currently have a xx-4 and am get tired of the belt and pully problems, but really like how it drives. Thinking about getting the x-5 conversion for it, but was concerned about whether I could fit my lipo in it. I am running a maxamps 4400 saddle pack lipo. It looks like if I remove the holder on the 2 battery side there would be enough room to get it in and just use 2-sided tape on the bottom and side (I never take it out, charge it in the car and everything? Anyone tried this?
Old 01-22-2007, 01:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am sure you can devise a way to get it to work, just takes imagination. I don't own the lipo you are referring to but I have one on the way. As is though the X5 will not take the cell on that side of the chassis without some kind of modification. As long as you can devise a secure way of mounting it so it will stay put, I am sure it will work. Due to the fact that you will have equal battery weight on both sides of the chassis after this, you will probably want to add some weight to the 4-cell side to balance the chassis out again!
Old 01-22-2007, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

That is what I figured. I know with the 4400 maxamps lipo I to add 5oz of weight to get it to match a 3300 pack which is what I normally race. I am assumeing I could shave the post mount on the 2 battery side and make it work, then just secure it with 2-sided tape.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

You might be able to fit your speed control on the 4 cell side of the chassis because the Lipo pack on that side takes up much less room. This will help you get it balanced.