great tips keep them coming
cmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:58 PM   #17
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

Originally Posted by bobf24
another tip i remeber reading from Matt Francis, always try to chase down the next car in front of you, no matter if that car is 20 laps behind you, its easier to be fast if you are chasisng someone, than leading someone,
i love this..and its in fact true. you get bored when u alone up front.

this thread topic, deserve to be in the blog..cool for cmain for starting it at 1st place.
If you are in front of me, That's because I let you!
jfc_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:49 AM   #18
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nay0k

One thing I practice during a main is to play a mental game on anybody infront of me. Let's say you're in second place, one second behind the leader. 5 laps go by and you're a few tenths of a second behind him. Most people would think this is the right time to make a move, but it really isn't. Going aggressive isn't always the best idea if the pack is close, as you could just wreck and drop spots. I would only go aggressive if there was virtually no time left.

If you believe you are faster than the leader, wait for an opening. Nobody is a perfect driver, and a mistake will eventually let you see an opportunity of a pass by this. It'd probably be less costly than an aggressive pass, seeing as those have the tendency to cause mistakes.
Nay0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:03 PM   #19
Tech Initiate

Learn the tendencies of the other drivers.
Some guys will not budge an inch if you make an inside move on them. These are mostly the inexperienced drivers and the results are usually a tangle-up. A good driver realizes when you got them on the inside and will allow enough room for both cars to clear a turn. Likewise do the same if you are getting passed. Once someone gets their nose in beside, it will benefit both of you to let him go on through. If you fight him for the turn you may get lucky and come out without a crash, but if you get tangled up your not going any where until the marshal gets there.
Pull_My_Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:15 PM   #20
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sandrixx
if your car goes vertical(sideways) while in the air,,, squeeze the trigger to almost WOT,,., it'll bring your car to horizontal position just before landin'.

and in really loose, dusty track try doin the "tap-tap-tap" on the gas while turning rather than pulling it hard and having spinouts..
Learn to squeeze the trigger slowly. The tap-tap-tap method is horrible for vehicle dynamics (however it is better than uncontrollable wheelspin).
Jack Smash is offline   Reply With Quote