R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-12-2006, 07:20 PM   #16
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jobo_ph Send a message via Skype™ to jobo_ph

Kabayan Fraxzi,

You might have not noticed but I sent you PM...

Anyway, I am a member of QCRCCC and I race regularly at QC Circle (and I come from Los Banos, Laguna).

I got back into RC early this year after a 10-year hiatus (needed the break to improve finances).

I had experienced both Nitro (on-road only) and Electric (off-road only). For me, running electric is more convenient and more cost-effective in the long run.

When I was still running nitro on-road, my major expense was fuel and tires. I don't recall the cost of the tires but for a gallon of fuel the cost was around Php1,500 back then (I don't know now). I budget a gallon of fuel into 4 half-day saturdays (I run about 0.95L per saturday at the Park Square 1 track back then to practice just to make my gallon last as long as possible).

In comparison, a pack of IB4200 batteries at Pitshop can be had for Php2,400 (current price) and I can use this battery for more than 6 months. My IB4200 cells still function great since I started racing last May (battery condition is less sensitive for off-road racers than for on-road racers).

Off-road tires last longer, too, when you only run them in soil.

Before I got back into eletric off-road RC racing last May, I had a few months just doing research on what's the current state of the RC industry. I had to find out what are the existing and new equipment and car kits.

Getting into RC can be like an "opening a can of worms" experience ($$$) so with what I had experienced, I'd like to help you be more informed so PM me back. I'd like to ask you a few questions as well as answer your questions.
jobo_ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:01 AM   #17
Tech Elite
Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

if you are going to be switching to nitro in a few months, go on and get an entry level racing buggy. you can get an ofna MBX comp RTR for about $350 or so. it wont be as competitive as some fo the guys around there probly, but its very upgradeable, a good price, and learning to drive big 4wd nitro buggies is different from a 1/10th 2wd buggy. your probly better off going on and getting an entry grade nitro buggy and upgrading it as you get better. thats just my opinion
89% of Revos are racers. If your Revo can out-bash and out-run a Savage, put this in your sig.

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote