Wiki Posts
Search

jp b5 or ninja b01

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
jp b5 or ninja b01

i need to know if i should try the new ninja motor which has an almost unbelievable rpm range of 43000 or better and is supposedly very easy to tune. not many people run the motor but ive heard amazing things like rumors of 9 gallons or more. but then theres always the trusty nova p5 or the jp b5. please help need an engine now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slowpokeRRR
i need to know if i should try the new ninja motor which has an almost unbelievable rpm range of 43000 or better and is supposedly very easy to tune. not many people run the motor but ive heard amazing things like rumors of 9 gallons or more. but then theres always the trusty nova p5 or the jp b5. please help need an engine now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi bro!, i have a nova. but i aint pushin that coz it aint in your list. anyway,,its this simple... you can go with a ninja=good engine but aint proven yet or the jp=good and well proven. ,,,proven means in all aspect whether fuel economy,power,lifetime...and all that kind of jazzz. just my .2 centavos,,heheh

burn nitro!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Rookie

I'd say the Ninja MR21 B01 has proven itself faster than any other engine out there. It came in second at the worlds. I have run RB's, JP's, EB's, Novarossis, O.S' and none have impressed me as much as the Ninja. I'm now on my fourth gallon and this things balls just get bigger and bigger. I'm running the Ninja efra 2053 pipe with the long header and Ninja C6 plugs. I have all the power I could ever need through the smoothest power band I've felt and the plugs last forever. You can get the plugs for $7.99 at www.speedtechrc.com You can also find a great price there for the pipe too. Anyway, I run tight tracks and called Mugen Seiki (cool dudes) and asked them which pipe to run and they told me the long pipe will help out the bottom end and the short pipe will help out the top end. So that's why I'm running the long header. The rpms are there coupled with the torque of the long header, fugidaboutit. If you get a the B01 or B01A, break it in exactly like the cd-rom manual says. That's what I did and haven't had a problem. The engine keeps it's tune and runs consistantly between 220-235 degrees on Sidewinder world champ 30% fuel. Hope this helps.

Last edited by swaybar; 12-07-2006 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sandrixx
Hi bro!, i have a nova. but i aint pushin that coz it aint in your list. anyway,,its this simple... you can go with a ninja=good engine but aint proven yet or the jp=good and well proven. ,,,proven means in all aspect whether fuel economy,power,lifetime...and all that kind of jazzz. just my .2 centavos,,heheh

burn nitro!!!!!!!!!
The Jp B-5 is a Novarossi P-5 with a few changes and a blackend case. I havn't ran the Jp but they are a Nova based engine, so they are going to be good motors.

I am running a Ninja Bo-1A in my 8ight and it is VERY smooth and has really good power. I have only had it for 2 weeks and I have some practice(break-in) and 1 race on it. so I really can't say too much about its performance other than the smoothness. It has a good amount of "pinch" also, and it idles really good.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Get the Jp; it's a great engine.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

The Ninja is so smooth it will help your lap times. Get the Ninja.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

went to the track tonite for practice still havent desided between the two engine so its still my 21 bf for now but i was watch some of the buggies and man is all i can say about the b01 its fast maybe to fast for such a tight track but the jp was also just old reliable the guy driving the jp must have been blind cause he made the motor seem so unpredictable like the power band just seemed to come in to strong very sparaticly this could have easily been this guys trigger finger but i just dont know. i guess this weekend ill see alot more of both motors and hopefully ill be able to deside. thanks, but keep um coming all info gladdy appreciated!
Old 12-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

many peolpe using the new Nova PLUS ??
how would you rate them with the Ninja's and JP's
Old 12-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

A nova and Jp are going to be close, I have ran the P-5 but not the b-5.

A few guys I race with often run the Plus 21 and their cars are really fast and look to be good engines.

If I was goin to choose between 2 motors it would be a Werks Team Line B-7 and the Ninja. I ran a B-7 for almost a year and it proved to be one of the best motors out there.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

save $100 and buy the go tech 5 port. puts out more power than the ninja and will last longer due to the ninja's bearing problems.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rocket42
save $100 and buy the go tech 5 port. puts out more power than the ninja and will last longer due to the ninja's bearing problems.
Do you guarantee that? I have never heard of an Asian (I assume it's Asian made) engine outlasting an Italian engine.

SlowpokeRR, you can't really go wrong with either of those choices. I have heard that the Ninja has such a tight piston/sleeve fit when new that it can be tough to get borken in. Make sure to preheat the block when starting during the first few break in cycles and don't be in a hurry (with either of these). You should enjoy a good long life out of them.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Rocket, you obviously don't know what you're talking about.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

and a Gotech engine is proven how and why??? Please don't POP OFF about some some POS cheap new motor made in China when comparing it to an Italian made work of art.

Oh and Swaybar your info is off a bit about 2nd at the worlds. Scott Hughes runs for OS and ran the same motor as Chad Bradley, and the new World Champ Mark Pavidis which was a prototype OS Speed Tuned V-spec.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

look i am not gonna start an argument with people who just want to argue.

the fact is i have third party dyno proof of the go tech 5port producing more top end power more power at lower rpm and a smoother stronger powerband than the ninja. both run on the same dyno set up for performance.

the Go tech engine is produced in taiwan, just like the losi 8ight, mugen mbx5, kyosho 777 sp2. to say taiwan can't produce quality at this time is utter nonsense.

i have heard of ninja's throwing bearings around the 2-3 gallon mark, i believe that is why they have come out with a new version that was to address bearing and other problems.

italian engines have great longevity partly due to excessive pinch. most nova rossi's don't fully open up till the 2-3 gallon mark, thats when you have to replace the connecting rod for an additional $60. so if you get 10 gallons but took 2 to break in you only got 8 gallons of effective use where you could lean the engine out enough to get mileage. but hey its selling engiens for them.

davidka what engine company guarantees longevity out of an engine it is not possible. But Go tech is offering a contingency program to promote there engines that no other engine company can come close too. Any customer racing any class can win a free engine just for making the a-main in a large event, is o.s.,rossi,ninja. going to give you a free engine for making the a-main in the sportsman class at an event the size of a large r/c pro race and payout additional cash for finishing in the top 3, not likely. So before you guys continue to go on bashing a product you have never even seen why don't you ask someone who has the engine what they think.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Does OS, Novarossi, Ninja, and Werks give away engines to customers that make A mains at big races? You bet they do, those guys are all factory drivers. It's great that Go engines will give away engines to customers for doing well with them but they need to sell some first. Can we see the 3rd party dyno information? That would be interesting. While it is true that many of the manufacturers have components of their kits made in Tiawan and their quality is undeniable I have never heard of a Tiawanese engine going 8 gallons let alone 10 with a long break in. EVER.

Rocket42, you seem to be the only person on the whole internet that has one of these engines at this time. You volunteered the claim that the engine lasts longer than the Ninja. Is there anyone else that would like to chime in on this engine's quality?

Last edited by Davidka; 12-07-2006 at 05:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.