Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jp b5 or ninja b01

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

go on sgrid and look up item #462.

factory drivers would not be considered customers.

the engine is new to the u.s. give it time. We are in search of a pro driver to run our engines. you can also contact peter at tkocompetitiondev. he has engines in stock and has chosen to run them in his own personal buggy.

at a recent large race in ohio the only 2 Go engines at the event a 7port (with over 6 gallons on it) driven by rob gleason placed 2nd and a 5port (with around 4 gallons on it) driven by troy pinkston finished 9th out of 49 drivers. both of these engines are completly stock and neither has even had a rod change.

so give us time and you will continue to hear more about these engines.

Go Technologies is also one of the proud sponsors of the arizona and texas r/c pro state series.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Rocket you said gotech is the only company offering such a program. Well your wrong as Megatech another knock off motor offered big bucks for a podium finish at one of the big five gas races (NITRO CHALLENGE, SILVER STATE, BUGGY NATS, ETC ETC) It was a several hundred dollars they were offering. I think Saxton even tried to run one for a shot at the bounty a few years ago with not much sucess. LOL

Just because they copied someone else's design, used cheaper materials and cheaper labor to build it, all with the thought of selling more units cheap doesn't make it a good product. I offer the Hyper 8 as a prime example LOL
Old 12-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

didnt think this would get so heated guys calm down only a fourm. i would like to know more about the go tech motors, whats the web address. but i haveheard the storries of the shitty rods in the mugen but i also heard it was fixed in the b01a . how bout anyone running one of the 2 engines?
Old 12-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rdeppen
Rocket you said gotech is the only company offering such a program. Well your wrong as Megatech another knock off motor offered big bucks for a podium finish at one of the big five gas races (NITRO CHALLENGE, SILVER STATE, BUGGY NATS, ETC ETC) It was a several hundred dollars they were offering. I think Saxton even tried to run one for a shot at the bounty a few years ago with not much sucess. LOL

Just because they copied someone else's design, used cheaper materials and cheaper labor to build it, all with the thought of selling more units cheap doesn't make it a good product. I offer the Hyper 8 as a prime example LOL
1. first the contingecy program offered by racefactor industries the north american distributor is modeled after the full scale desert racing that i used to do. There are no restrictions on certain races, no restrictions on class. The only restriction is one the number of entries. We are simply rewarding customers who purchase our products there is no outragous amount of cash offered that the average racer is never likely to get. Sponsored drivers are excluded from the contingency. The guy who races in sportsman has better odds of winning the contingency than the expert class driver.

2. cheaper materials No. cheaper labor yes. if you want to use a prime example the jammin car is a much better example then the hyper 8. but you are just trying to make a unresearched biased opinion. The jammin car is a very popular car so you chose the hyper 8 to make your point, a much less popular car. You also need to remember that because of the jammins success racing has gotten cheaper for the average racer. the x-ray and the losi and soon to be associated cars are all trying to get in the price range of the jammin car which according you is a pile of cheaply manufacturerd crap.

your point in this discussion is to promote the ninja since you are sponsored by mugen and my point is to promote the go engine since i am sponsored by racefactor, the difference is you want to flame and call everything crap i was just offering a cheaper option to the purpose of this thread i have not bashed any other product and have only stated facts. If you wish to continue flaming nonsense to promote your engines then go right ahead imo it is only your reputation you are hurting and i will no longer respond. if you want to talk about facts and have a discussion like adults then i will be more than happy to continue to stand by the production, quality, performance and value of Go Technologies.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

rocket42, there is a thread in the Nitro Engines forum on this site that is seeking info on the Go Tech engines:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=137929

I thought you'd be the right guy to inform them. I look forward to hearing more about the Go Tech line's development.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Read her http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4978169/tm.htm
Old 12-08-2006, 06:05 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

NINJA!!!
Old 12-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default ninja ninja ninja

okay its finally pay day and ..........................ninja it is but only for one reason normally the price on the engine is 300.00 it was priced wrong at 265.00 and the jp was priced 409.00 thats a big difference when you out of pocket race. im hoping this motor stands up for me everyone is standing by how easy it is to tune and how well it holds a tune. trying to run the breakin disk but it wont work. im a lil nervous to start it up but it was a great deal i just hope it is as good as the price. let you guys know how it works out oh yeah and i drive a hyper 8 and ive only been on the dirt tack twice so i bang it pretty hard trying to go fast and those losi and mugen barley hit a walll and they are broken so watch the bad talk on a great buggy!thanks guys all your help dually appreciated!
Old 12-08-2006, 06:52 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Just take your time with the break-in, put the engine in the car and run it rich. Do not rush the break-in period take your time and do not over rev the engine. The Ninjas take some time to fully break-in.

If you have any questions fell free to PM me.

Happy motoring
Old 12-09-2006, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Good luck with the Ninja
Old 12-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wrap the cooling head with foil or an old sock to get it up to temp. The Ninja is very tight and I had to use a heat gun to start it the first 1/2 gallon or so. It will take some time to finally loosen up and scream. The motor gets exceptional run time with the Ninja 2053 pipe and long header. I ran mine in my MBX5 and then in my MBX5T. In my truck I can get 11-12 minutes easy. The motor ran great in my truck with this setup. The motor will run hot during the break in period so don't be afraid if the temp gun says 280 to 300*. Mine runs at 220* all day long now. When I spoke to Bob Tillman from Mugen at the Nats, he even said to run it hot during breakin otherwise the piston and sleeve fit won't be good. After we spoke I leaned her out and she finally loosened up.

Make sure you add the extra brass head shim before you run it as well. I also recommend sticking with the Ninja plugs as they are shaped slightly different than other turbo plugs.

I did dyno the motor up at EB Mods with a few pipes and headers though to find that the 9853 looks like a better option, but not sure how it'll affect the run time versus the Ninja setup. Mine has 3 gallons on it and we swapped out the stock bearings for TKO ceramics to see what performance advantages they offered. I ran it before ThanksGiving at the Turkey race at Checkerboards here in NJ. I slapped on my MSR1005 pipe (had the most peak power on the dyno) and the motor screamed. I didn't have the 9853 with me to try. I was supposed to re-dyno the motor today, but had a change in plans so will head up later this week to do more testing. I have a few other pipes and headers to try, as well as an 8mm venturi (stock is 7mm). I'm also looking forward to the dyno results with the TKO bearings.

As for the Go engines, I did speak to Ed about them and he was impressed with the motor. As for longevity, they were new so hard to say how long they'll last. After a few guys run them for a while we'll see how they stand up.

Best regards,