R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-30-2006, 03:14 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
hyper 8 port piston & sleave ?????

hi just wondering if anyone can help. i have just bought a new piston sleave and conrod for my nephews worn out hyper 8 port engine. first thing is does anyone know what the factory run in settings are as he dosnt have the manual. the other is that now i have fitted it the engine is so tight i cant turn it over tdc without the piston getting stuck in the liner,i dont want to force it as i may damage it. so how can i get it run in. is this standard or have i got faulty parts. i replaced the piston in my rb ws711 and that turned over fine (was very tight but woudnt jam like this) i hope someone can help as at the moment hes nagging me to get it running again.
chris52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
Tech Addict

The factory needle settings will vary. This depends on where you live. The temp., humidity, etc. can have diff. effects on motors.

The stock setting on Hyper 8 port motors should be the follwoing.
High speed needle ( 4-1/2 ) turns out from bdc.
Low speed needle ( 2-1/2 -----2-/34 ) out from bdc.

As far as the P/S set being tight, it should be very hard to turn the motor over by using the crank when a new P/S is installed. If it is this hard to turn over with the flywheel on it, I would pull it back down and just make sure it was put in right ( I am not saying you do not what you are doing ) just a mistake some people make.

BTW : Make sure you oil all of the parts before putting it all together.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to send me PM.

It is called throttle control for a reason.
rc_freak is offline   Reply With Quote