R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   mamba max 5700? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/138755-mamba-max-5700-a.html)

streetracer745 11-30-2006 03:04 PM

mamba max 5700?

mamba max in a 2wd race truck? anyone done this. it seems like insane power from the reviews i read but im not sure if it will be so much its uncontrolable on the track. any ideas?

jnslprd 11-30-2006 06:20 PM

i bought the 5700 for my t4 and it was too fast for our small track. get the 4600 and it will be more then enough unless you race at a huge track.

hope this helps. also the system likes good batteries so make sure your cells are up to the task

joe

streetracer745 11-30-2006 06:24 PM

yeah im getting a lipo or 2 for my car and truck. well considering how tunable the esc is, i can tune down for racing, and then bring it back up if i want to go crazy while bashing. i mean it supposedly has endless tunability so wouldnt this be possible?

builthatch 11-30-2006 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by streetracer745
yeah im getting a lipo or 2 for my car and truck. well considering how tunable the esc is, i can tune down for racing, and then bring it back up if i want to go crazy while bashing. i mean it supposedly has endless tunability so wouldnt this be possible?

absolutely. i run their 7700 on 6XIB4200 in my mf2 and to be honest, it's pretty much unmanageable. You can bring down the power and alter the power delivery in many ways with the software; it's engineered for that, vs. the old limiting EPA's and stuff. Currently, i am running it at 90% punch control with the timing on "low" with a 18/86 combo and it's pretty much insane, but useable. For true dirt track time, depending on the track, i reckon i will go even lower with the settings as well as bring down the entire curve in the graphing area.

Manning 12-01-2006 03:42 PM

I drove a buddies T4 with the 5700 with old batteries after a race a few weeks ago, and it was at least as fast or faster than my T4 with fresh 4200's and a 13/2 brushed motor. The 5700 was definitely punchier. It was driveable, but it was definitely easier get out of control spinning the tires off of corners than my T4.

I'm considering getting the 5700 (or maybe the 4600) when I kill off my brushed motors. I would not even consider the 7700. That one has to be just stupid.

streetracer745 12-01-2006 07:14 PM

ive actually heard that the 5700 is faster then the 7700. it can take bigger batteries. for longer running and more punch. thats just what ive heard though. i think i might try it. ive gotten nothign but good thoughts on it, so i think im gonna hook up with one.

builthatch 12-01-2006 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by streetracer745
ive actually heard that the 5700 is faster then the 7700. it can take bigger batteries. for longer running and more punch. thats just what ive heard though. i think i might try it. ive gotten nothign but good thoughts on it, so i think im gonna hook up with one.

for absolute top speed with lipo, yes, the 5700 can take more battery than the 7700 only because the 7700 would be spinning at an unreasonable rate on 3s, where as the 5700 would be ideal, close to it's limit, but ideal nonetheless and faster than any other reasonable combo.

for 6cell, nothing is faster than the 7700, i firmly believe that. Also, remember, like i said, it can be tuned GREATLY with the ESC/ Castlelink...i now have my 7700 SOOOOoooo manageable, it's amazing. Runtimes are fabulous on 6 cells and it's simply marvelous, due to tuning w/ the ESC, instead of ridiculously overpowering at the slightest hint of throttle.