Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
SP2 shock oil help >

SP2 shock oil help

SP2 shock oil help

Old 11-30-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default SP2 shock oil help

just recently went to 1/8 scale and bought a used but not abused kyosho sp2 with the dark blue springs and was wondering what shock oil weights should I run for a hard packed,tech. track with lots of big air jumps,some one told me to run 60 in the front and 40 in the rear, my diffs are 5 5 1 and the buggy is dialed, the guy I got the buggy from wasn't sure what shock oils he had been running..... any help would be appreciated, thanks
Old 11-30-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Most everybody has and is running the 60f & 40r and have been for years. If you are new to 1/8 scale then the 5,5,1 or 3,5,1 in the diff's will work find and make the buggy a little easier to drive. Most of the guys that have been racing for a while are using 5,7,2
Old 11-30-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks Speedbump,I am rebuilding my shocks as we speak, I will try diferent diff combos in the future with some more experience,over all this buggy rocks,was hanging and passing a few losi8 at the last club race,drives and handles well,seemed the back end would want to come around if I was too aggresive exiting some corners,track was a little dusty, if I was easy on the throttle, she would hook up great,but I would lose some time...thanks
Old 12-02-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm running 60-35 for my shocks. For the diff's I using 4-6-2 and it seems to be the best combo I have ran.