Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RB C6 OR WS7

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 12:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Default RB C6 OR WS7

I WANT TO BUY A RB ENGINE BUT DONT KNOW BETWEEN A C6 OR WS7.
CAN ANYBODY HELP ME ON THIS. I HAVE GOT A OS V-SPEC AT THE MOMENT
BUT WANT SOMETHING WITH A BIT MORE POWER.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Somehting to keep in mind, all though the rb motors may provide a little more power there are 7 ports on the ws7 to keep happy. We had the ws7 this past year and was very unhappy with it. One of the hardest to tune motors out there.
At the end of the year we purchased the v spec and did'nt notice a big difference in power.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Jellyracer do you race and if so are you a beginner or have you been racing for a while? Or do you just play?
Old 11-25-2006, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

I was told that the C6 has more low end torque compared to the ws7. which is why some drivers use the ws7 in low traction tracks
Old 11-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Tech Rookie

SPEEDBUMP- YES I HAVE BEEN RACING FOR YEARS MAINLY ELECTRIC BUT GOT INTO GAS NOW. WE MAINLY GOT TRACKS WITH MEDIUM TO HIGH TRACTION. I JUST GOT MYSELF A 8IGHT BUGGY AND WANT A ENGINE WITH GOOD POWER AND MUST BE RELIABLE. THE C6 SOUNDS GOOD.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JELLYRACER
SPEEDBUMP- YES I HAVE BEEN RACING FOR YEARS MAINLY ELECTRIC BUT GOT INTO GAS NOW. WE MAINLY GOT TRACKS WITH MEDIUM TO HIGH TRACTION. I JUST GOT MYSELF A 8IGHT BUGGY AND WANT A ENGINE WITH GOOD POWER AND MUST BE RELIABLE. THE C6 SOUNDS GOOD.
The C6BB has WAY too much bottom end for the 8ight buggy. It is a very light car and a good .21 will be more than effiecient in that car. I'd look at getting a S5, or something along those lines and use the rest of the money you'd spend on tires and parts.

-Seann
Old 11-27-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

LOL@ Panther as that is exactly where I was going with my first post.

Jellyracer he is right on here with the C6BB. I drove a few 8's yesterday, (I am looking for a new buggy for next season) they were a handful to say the least. After driving them IMO a good engine would be the RB S7II. It is a very smooth engine and very easy to drive fast. The C6 would be over kill. It might make you giggle going down the back striaght but I'll bet your lap times suffer! Especialy in that car...............
Old 11-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

I've been running an S7II for a long time. I like it better than the WS7III since it has a broader more linear power band. It also doesn't give up anything on the top end. I find it very easy to tune. I usually only have to turn the main needle one hour either direction to adjust for weather changes.