Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Black CA tire glue? >

Black CA tire glue?

Black CA tire glue?

Old 11-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Black CA tire glue?

We've started trying to glue our own 8th scale buggy/truggy tires, and have had a little success. The airplane glue I tried using didn't seem to hold too well. My pit partner bought some Losi brand CA, and along with cleaning the tires/rims, and then scuffing the surfaces with a dremel, it works pretty well. Only a few places came loose, but we've heard of a Black CA that stays felxible. Is anyone familiar with it?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I used this black CA glue once. IMO it worked awesome but it is kind of messy. If you find a way for gluing the tires with out that much mess I think it would be pretty good.
hope this helps
Old 11-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I used it once or twice, it didnt work too well. The Losi CA is my favorite glue, normally I try to get the medium viscocity.

The trick is to get the bead of the tire to sit well on the wheel. My glue process goes as follows:

Dremel Tires to give the glue a surface to adhere to.

Put tires on wheels with rubber bands on the side you are glueing first.

Pull a small piece of the tire back and drop a nice size drop of glue in there.

I then rotate the tire in my hand, while pulling the bead back, letting the drop of glue run down the tire/wheel.

If you take your time, and apply more glue where needed, after dryed they should be like factory glued tires. When you pull on the sides, there should be no spaces where the tire seperates from the wheel.

(this process would be much easier to explain with pics....but im at the disadvantage of a camera )

Hope this helps
Old 11-21-2006, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

'TakeOff' do some glue and it is seriously the best glue I have ever used, its scary how strong it is.

I have used quite a few, Losi, Proline, TrackSideSolutions, but the TakeOff thin stuff is great, it also comes with a 'dropper' to help you inject glue into the bead of the tire.