Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions on 1/8th scale RTR buggies

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Suggestions on 1/8th scale RTR buggies

i am looking to get a 1/8 scale buggy preferably RTR(i have only built one kit which was a Team Losi 1/10th scale truck,i don't plan on doing it again either).. does anybody have any suggestions is to what would be a good one to get.im pretty good at tunning motors and stuff like that..the only thing i have ever had is a few 1/10th scale Nitro trucks..also i don't have a ton of money to put into one since im only 16.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i'd recommend the Losi 8ight RTR. but it's probably going to sting your wallet, so look at some of the Ofna RTR buggies, particularly the Violator 9.5. they are some pretty good buggies.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another vote for the 8ight here...you'll end up spending just as much trying to get one of the cheaper kits to hold up, as you would have if you bought a better one in the first place. Don't blow your money, get a good car first. The 8ight RTR will come with the best radio of any RTR, and a helluva chassis, along with a decent motor. You say you've had a Losi before, this one should be even better.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Initiate

do either of yall know about how much the Losi 8ight will retail for? and also..will it include the spin starter.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

unfortunately it will probably be around $600, but VERY VERY VERY well worth it. i believe it comes with the spin start, which is very cool. there are only a handful of parts that are not on the RTR that the Pro kit shares with it.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hands down the best RTR is the CEN Matrix car. We run it the entire year last year. The car is awsome, jumps great, has very good steering and is very tuneable. The shocks are big bore also. You will not be dissapointed. Go to the CEN website for more details.