Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Pro Series Finals - Rockford, IL

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Default RC Pro Series Finals - Rockford, IL

Who here is going to be attending the Rc Pro Series Finals? At the Metro Centre in Rockford Illinois? Just wondering because i didn't see a thread started about the race.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

We are going. I will probably be taking pictures, and post them on the grid.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:05 AM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

just a reminder about the finals here in rockford. there is an admission fee. this is not a spectators are free event. tickets are $15 adult for a one day pass or $35 for a three day. i would hope that the racers would get in for free or at least a discount.

question though, just looking for input.

does anybody else besides me think that the admission fee is a little high? this event is already getting radio air-play. and i'm sure the paper will have something in there "GO" section, but getting people(people not currently involved in r/c) to attend this event and show and spending 15 dollars is going to be a challenge. i hope that people in the rockford community will find this interesting and do come, but i'm a little optimistic
Old 11-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

$15 per person is crazy. There better not be a parking fee on top of that.

Paying an entry fee isn't out of the question, but $15 per is too steep - not a good way to encourage non-participants to stop by and check it out.

At the end, it's all perception. It's kind of crazy, because many of us (me included) don't bat an eye at a $40 widget for our toy cars, but $15 entry just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's just me.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

any reports?

I could go to the grid but that place sux
Old 11-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

only truggy results are on the grid. Just top 5 in pro. I am looking for the rest myself.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I plan on going and whatching tomorrow or sunday so I'll let everyone know. Even though I'm against it, I'm imagining the 15$ is to pay for the metro centre itself which was prolly pricey.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Finals

The racing is over on Sat. Their is a banquet for the racers on Sunday. I too, have a problem with paying an entry fee to watch the guys I race with/against through the year. If I relly wanted to go, I would have snared a pitpass from a fellow racer..

Mike- When did you get turned off the Grid? just curious.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

The cost of renting a facility capable of “showcasing” the “Sport” of RC racing to the “mainstream” American population is astronomical. We're talking well into 5 figures!

The intention at the RC Pro Off-Road National Championships is to attract the attention of spectators & “Corporate” America to RC racing as a viable investment and potential future advertisement medium.

The concept is to attempt to hold a world-class RC racing events in arenas with all of the creature comforts that Americans are accustomed to, not what we racers must endure & subject our loved ones to. (Read it as: Porta-lets, filthy bathrooms)
In order to grow the popularity and accessibility of RC racing to the “masses”, the Rockford Metro Centre was chosen as an ideal location.

To pay $15.00 to spend an entire day watching Nitro-Burning RC cars may seem steep for some of us racers but it’s a necessary evil if the sport is to grow into the American Sport it should be.

For those that attend the RC Pro “Finals”, thank you very much.
We’re making RC history!

Jeff Vargas
RC Pro
Marketing & Events
www.rcprosites.com
Old 11-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well said Jspeed. This is huge for the sport of R/C.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Mike- When did you get turned off the Grid? just curious.

year and a 1/2 ago or so...

Last edited by Mike Dana; 11-11-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

where exactly are some of the results posted??
Old 11-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
The cost of renting a facility capable of “showcasing” the “Sport” of RC racing to the “mainstream” American population is astronomical. We're talking well into 5 figures!

The intention at the RC Pro Off-Road National Championships is to attract the attention of spectators & “Corporate” America to RC racing as a viable investment and potential future advertisement medium.

The concept is to attempt to hold a world-class RC racing events in arenas with all of the creature comforts that Americans are accustomed to, not what we racers must endure & subject our loved ones to. (Read it as: Porta-lets, filthy bathrooms)
In order to grow the popularity and accessibility of RC racing to the “masses”, the Rockford Metro Centre was chosen as an ideal location.

To pay $15.00 to spend an entire day watching Nitro-Burning RC cars may seem steep for some of us racers but it’s a necessary evil if the sport is to grow into the American Sport it should be.

For those that attend the RC Pro “Finals”, thank you very much.
We’re making RC history!

Jeff Vargas
RC Pro
Marketing & Events
www.rcprosites.com
With all that said... why can't an event of the epic proportions that you speak of be broadcast on the WEB somewhere? Really, great venue and charging the general public to come in and you don't even have any kind of PRESS!

Ridiculous!!!

Take a look at the some of the WORLDS largest onroad events! Plenty of PRESS!

Disclaimer... if there is such press... as there should be... please post it somewhere here on the boards for the peasants to see... and if there's not... shame on the promoters and marketing and event coordinators!

Off my box!

Over!
Old 11-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Racetalk live will have the mains on tomorrow. Race talk live was also here wednesday with a 2 hour show.

Doug from rc scoring pro will have liverc up with results.

You guys also have to think why the entry fee is 15 bucks. There isn't anything rc pro can do about it. The Metro Centre sets the ticket prices. They have to pay for the security, power etc...

Why are there so many haters? I'm having a good time here, I think most people are. Don't you have anything else better to do.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Talking

Has anyone heard who has TQ for 1/8 scale buggy?? and what there driving??

Well it's Jared Tebo, running Taylor James back up car!!

GO JAMMIN!!!

nice to see him drive a real buggy!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.