Wiki Posts
Search

radical 621t

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default radical 621t

i am thinking of getting a radical 621t engine and putting it in my truggy i was wondering if any one has had experience with this motor and is it worth the money thanx
Old 11-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have the 621T in my Losi 8ight, but havn't finished the break in yet. The motor has alot of "pinch" and makes it difficult to start the first few times, but this motor packs some real power. The "T" version should be perfect for a truggy. I should finish the break in within the week.

I know a guy who runs the 621P in his buggy and is really happy with it. He is getting a new buggy or truggy for next season and staying with the Radical engine.

Also know that Radical is coming out with a 628(.28) for the truggy class. It was expected in mid October but haven't heard anymore on it but i'm watching for it.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

thanx for the quick reply
Old 11-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Internet-RC has released their Radical 628(.28) competition truggy engine. Check it out.

http://www.internet-rc.com/rarcraencoco.html
Old 11-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

I ran the 621p in my CRT last year with great results. Today I just got my 621T in the mail and bolted in ready for break-in.

The first thing you will notice when you get the engine and take it apart for inspection is that it is put together like a swiss watch. Everything seems to fit to perfection. After you pull the head, if you rotate the crankshaft the piston will push the sleeve right up. When you replace the sleeve it will slide right in like butter with zero movement. You will have to experience this to appreciate it.

The other thing you will notice is that they come fully modded from the factory. There is nothing a modder could do to this engine to improve it's performance. I have never seen another motor with this much modification and great workmanship.

They run cool, idle forever, and mine is still stong as hell after a full summer of racing. I used a JP-1 on the P, but the T is suppose to have some more bottom end so will probably try a JP-3. Best performance by far is with a P3 plug.

Glenn
Old 11-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I ran NTernational Nitro's O.P.S Power (Torque version) last summer. As I understand things, these two engines are the same, both being manufactured by O.P.S. The 621 has a different carb and Ive heard internal work may be a little different, but very little difference. I absolutely loved this engine. Definately the best Ive run. Easy to tune, held a tune, and ran great all day long.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I run for Radical and just had my first chance to run the 621T last week at the Pro Series Finals. I had been running the 621P all summer. The T engine has more and smoother bottom end and much better fuel economy. They also made some changes that should increase the durability of the p/s match on all the engines. BTW my engine survived a runaway on the starter box with no damage (radio freq. conflict).
Old 11-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

thanx for the input i am going to be ordering the 621T for my losi 8ight T