R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-10-2006, 05:52 AM   #16
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GroffBall

What other tracks are you running on I must race in the same area as you as I raced all summer at NRC I had one of the only Mugens there and did pretty well with it always put it in the top of the show and managed to win a few. Some of the tighter tracks in the area... Bumps and Jumps, Pit Stop etc... arnt really 8th scale friendly period.

I love my Mugen but will more than likely get a Losi if I replace it in the spring because it does suck being the only one around with one which means if I break something and I don't have it I get no help. I did have very little issue with the steering on my Mugen it just steered different for me it almost rotates from the rear now that I have it set up well its just not one of those buggies you drive hard and slide around corners mine will rotate nicely through and pull hard coming out making it a very tough buggy to beat through some of the tighter sections of the larger tracks.
GroffBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:37 AM   #17
Tech Legend
Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)

Both vehicles look good, any opportunity to check out the vehicle first hand and see which perform better on the local conditions you run?

I was thinking about the losi as well at one time, it looked good and losi always will try and give something different but after more thought and knowing about the issues that losi's first runs seem to have, I decided to go with something different that I had before and really liked from its build feel and the great customer service too, a CEN Matrix. I figure they have won races, vehicle has a nice team on it and of course excellent customer service. Pretty cheap too.

But, if I didn't go that route, I was planning on a mugen. From watching it go against the other vehicles (they were some kyosho factory drivers here too) it wasn't the ballistic one, but it appeared just to be the most stable and handled well.

Hope to see more of the losi next year and who knows, maybe AE will have something out as well. By that time, losi probably will iron out any issues or be working on a CR version.
< Team Associated RC10B6D>
< Durango DESC410V2, DEX410V5>
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #18
Tech Regular

I would go with the 8ight. I have had mine for about a month or so now and think it is a great ride. The last buggy I had was a Kyosho SP2 and it was also a good car. There are a lot of option parts for it also, but they are pricey and so is the 777. I ran a Jammin before it and I like it too, they all ar really similar, but if you sat all 3 of them in front of me I would pick te Losi.

The 8ight is easy to drive fast, it has so much steering, espicially off-power. It also handles bumps, ruts, and jumps with ease.
Sofast-NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:25 AM   #19
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Zaint

take a peak at my mp 777sp2, all i need is a racetrack ha?
Attached Thumbnails
1/8th Choices... hmm-4.jpg  
Zaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:17 PM   #20
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i think it's more of a setup issue, i used to have a mbx5 and didnt have that problem. I am running jammin now, it's a well build buggy and tons of steering right of the box if that's what you re looking after...

Originally Posted by sport10
The MBX5 is notorious for having less steering than the other buggies it competes with. This is ok on some tracks but if the track is tighter you will be at an disadvantage with the MBX5. The Losi has plenty of steering without being twitchy and is excellent in the rough and in jumping. I would go with the Losi myself. I have had cars in the past that did not have alot of steering and that sucks bigtime.
* Serpent 966 TE Novarossi 35+21, Airtronics M12 *
Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:59 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zaint
take a peak at my mp 777sp2, all i need is a racetrack ha?
Are you trying to make a racer or a basher? You have so many unnecessary aluminum parts such as the A-arms and wing mounts.
HPI Savage Flux HP | Tamiya TB-03
Thai3g_Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote