Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Great Vigor *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Default My Great Vigor *pics*

This is my beast, its been to hell & back but somehow still keeps on goin. Ive had a m8 that has bent both front wheels off, & ive had the air filter, & rear engine cover fall off pluss run it out of range at full throttle, it hit a curbe & bent top & base plate so the wheels wouldent touch the ground. he he the joys of r/c.

mods include
4 wheel drive kit
2 speed kit
upgrade metal gear set
larger fuel tank
high flow airfilter
tuned exhaust
custom made spacer weight
custom made gear box housing
custom made dust sheild + firewall
custom made kit to widen wheel base like a monster truck(not pictured)

Future mods include , CV drive shafts, LSD rear diff, water proff servos & im going to seal both diffs, make a gaskett & try running DEXTRON 3 as a oil

Old 11-01-2006, 02:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi mate what sort of terrain do you take your rc car
Im thinking of getting one and i have access to a school playground so ill be taking it there
Old 11-02-2006, 01:33 AM
Tech Initiate

yeah well, basicly when i got it i ran it on mainly the road/concrete, now its been built to be driven on hard,soft,gravel,small stones,& mud. It is water resistant but, water prof to 3.5cm. mud & water gards have only just been fitted, so have not been tested fully, i will post pics of the aftermath

still wating on a new gearbox main shaft, its on back order... bugga
Old 11-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Tech Initiate

yay it worked!!! ive managed to seal the front diff housing using loctite "black maxx" & filled it up with Wynn's gear oil treatment (really thick stuff & good for friction proofing), so far it has'nt leaked & has reduced gear & bearing noise. now i need to do the rear.

still yet to put a fill hole & a level hole, with plugs

will post pic's & instructions when i do the rear diff,

fully sick m8, should make it last a life time, but i hope it doesent slow it down.

does anyone have experence with doing this??
Old 11-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

What brand car is that?
Old 11-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

so im guessing you rally that? have you lengthened the suspension? not the a-arms but the shocks themselves? that will help it alot.looks pretty cool though. id like to see a vid of it sometime.and what is it? ive never seen a 2wd nitro street car? that seems like it would be impossible to not spin the tires on the road. plus you couldnt rally it. i saw you have the 4wd kit though. shaft i would assume?
Old 11-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Tech Initiate

the rear diff is finished now (soz dident get pic's) heeps quiter

the brand of this car is "great vigor" powered by a O.S. 12cvMAX body shell is a Tamiya R34 Calsonic Skyline, with rubber off road tyres.

rally, shure do the best is a BMX track with jumps
As for the suspension its stock ive got some longer shocks for it, but thay are too long, might be able to shorten them.

what i have done is, the hub carrier has a 2 holes in it, i moved the screw that goes through it & the lower controll arm to the other hole. witch widens front & rear wheel base by 7cm, then the axles were to short, but i worked out i can get 4 more front tailshafts to do the job thay were perfect!!. then all i needed to do was lengthen the top controll arm, i found computer motherboard screws/mounts were the same size & thread so i used them

when it was rear wheel drive it was CRAZY & soo much fun, hard to controll. totally impossible to take off from a loose surface it would just spin, i was forced to use foam tyres for the street but it dident take long to rip the tyres to shreds. I got the 4wheel drive kit on the same day as the 2speed kit, he he he just for fun i put the 2speed kit on & went for a spin, MAN WAS THAT CRAZY u would struggle to take off fast with out spinning, then when it hit its top speed it changed gear, when that happened it just took off sideways down the road, to this day i dont know how i dident hit it into anything but yeah it was fun, he he ive even had it set up as a front wheel drive (aparently it can do damage) dont know about that, but its very hard to take off quickly, & under steers like a V8 scooter

yep m8 no belts here, all direct drive with shafts

still waiting on the gearbox main shaft, cuz it just slipps & its to easy to over rev the engine, so when i get it, i will get some crazy movies & show how to have fun with a touring car

ATM im trying to find a chassis thay would let me convert it into a buggy
can allready convert to stadium truck

all because the manufactor makes all 3, & thay share most parts
Old 11-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Initiate

will post pic's here

Last edited by phmaximus; 11-06-2006 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

yeah you need to put the longer shocks on it, then get slightly shorter shock shafts then the ones that are in your new ones. it will raise it up and help it ALOT! yeah ive rallied before, its awsome, but i havent put money into one. i just drove one at the lhs. they are a blast. almost as fun as a truck. haha.