Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Losi XXX4-G+ converted by XXXS-G+, possible? >

Team Losi XXX4-G+ converted by XXXS-G+, possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi XXX4-G+ converted by XXXS-G+, possible?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Team Losi XXX4-G+ converted by XXXS-G+, possible?

Yes, it is a dumb question...but I have a XXXS-G+ with almost another G+ of parts....but I would like to get a 4WD electric off road just to play at the backyard with my daughter........can XXXS be able to covert to XXX4 without spending arms and legs? (especially if I get gather those parts used)

Buy looking at the manual and exploded view...seems like the chassis and all the internal are the same between the 2 (correct me if I am wrong cause I did not count the tooth 1 x 1...)...look like I need some longer turnbuckle (I have plenty)...4 longer shocks from XXX4, front and rear carbon tower for XXX4, longer CVD bones, front and rear XXX4 arms.........and look like all the pivot blocks, pins, C-hubs, rear uprights or steering knuckles are the same as the XXXS.........

Am I correct...? Please advise..............Thanks a million, not a off road guy at all, just want to start and not letting the existing parts sitting and collecting dust....thanks.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

there are many differences between the two. the suspension is completely different. some of the parts look similar, but they are different. the chassis is a little bit longer at the rear end.

it might be possible to make the suspension swap over, but i think you'd have to stick with the xxxs spur gear rather than switch to the xxx4 clutch. this is because of the chassis length. the clutch has a smaller pulley and longer belt.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

I recently sold a xxx-4 on ebay and it went for under $100. Sure, you could buy all the parts, but I would bet you would spend way more than $100. Just find a used one and buy it. Then you can keep your xxx-s intact. just my .02
Old 10-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

there was a bunch for sale here on the classifieds. i have no idea why people get rid of them for so cheap, it's an awesome car.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Smile XXX-4

I ALSO SEEN A XXX-4 ON EBAY I WAS GOING FOR 150.00 BUY IT NOW I WOULD KEEP THE XXX-S AND JUST GET A USED BUGGY I ALSO HAVE XXX-S I WAS THINKING OF DOING THE SAME THING BUT A CLOSER LOOK THEY ARE A LITTLE DIFFENT THAT WOULD BE COOL TO DO THAT IF YOU HAD A XXX-S LAYING AROUND NOT BEING USED ANY MORE WELL TALK TO YOU ALL LATER KEEP RACING R/C....
Old 10-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

There is no place within 500 miles of me that races them anymore, so why keep it?
Old 10-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks guys.....you guys are the PRO, and yes, I know for buying all those parts (new) will be around $100 when there are plenty of those 80% new XXX4 for about $100...........yes, it is not worth it, or if someone want to trade my extra XXXS for XXX4...let me know...

Thanks again.............
Old 10-30-2006, 11:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

The rear 4 suspension will not fit the S chassis, the extra 3/8 or so of an in is needed.. its taken out of the width of the arm at the mounting side.. i just tryed this about 2 weeks ago when i broke my 4s chassis.. i got a S chassis for 14 bux at the hobby store, wont work..